Predator installed and now it's pinging!!!

lethal

Established Member
ROFL, OK Neil.... enjoy the couch and good luck with the car :beer:

John

P.S. JewishLightning... now that's probably the funniest I've seen.

RedfireVert

Las Vegas SEMA 2005 -
Established Member
Hey Neil -

My settings with the Predator and 2.93 pulley are:

Back off timing by 7%

Back off fuel by 6%

The engine does not detonate with crappy 91 octane fuel.

Obviously, you have a smaller pulley so you may want remove even more timing and keep more fuel. On the other hand, you have 93 octane so maybe the adjustments won't be that drastic?

Anyway, I just installed a 2.80 pulley so I'll probably need to make some adjustments to the above. If interested, let me know and I'll post them.

Good luck!

Russ

Last edited:

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
I just saw a commercial on Horsepower TV, the preditor was advertised and they said best of all it won't void your warranty.

Somebody gonna tell Ford?

KosherCobra

Established Member
I just reloaded the Predator by my buddy's house who has the same on his L. He modified the tune to retard the timing. It's now maxed out at 24 degrees. I think I'll back it off another 2. He added 4% on the fuel. No pingng, no detenation. Pull strong. Breaks the tires in second at 4500 rpm. I only use Amoco 93 so the octane is good. I'll put the exhaust on tomorrow. It's raining outside now. REM is booked up for Monday so I't looks like Tuesday for the Dyno and complete tune.

I love the Diagonstic real time data. The data loging is awesome!!!!

KosherCobra

Established Member
I went on the Diagnostic settings and did a data logging. I should all the data for the time I was testing the vehicle. It is so cool!!!

SouthFlaSnake

Established Member
Hey Neil,

To grab the information, can you view it right on the tool itself or do you need to upload it to a PC? If not, is uploading the data to a PC an option? Just wondering if you can do graphs and such like you can with tools such as AutoTAP.

-Mike

vector

1st Whipple in the 10's
Established Member
Lmao i am not going to read this hole post to tired

How do you know the stock computer was not flashed hence thats why it worksjust and idea

Users who are viewing this thread