Predator or chip??

Juiced-03

Established Member
Very happy with my Predator. I had some serious pinging with the default pulley tune, but a few easy clicks of the arrows fixed that! I had an Amazon tuned chip at first which pinged in fifth and sixth gear. Now the Predator doesnt ping and it feels MUCH stronger than the chip. You cant really go wrong with either, but if you are worried about warranty work I would go with the Predator for sure.

PhillyCobra

Established Member
There is a third option, too. ECM retuning on the dyno by a reputable tuner, such as the system from EFI. With that you can optimize your tune and still allow reinstall of stock tune if you need.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
That 409/428 is on a Mustang Dyno. Redfire Venom must be pulling some good #'s to run 11.9's and 121 mph. Sticking up for you Evan.....

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Mustang Dyno takes into account other (more realistic?...real weight of car, true wind resistance) variables and generally reads 5 to 10% less rwhp than a Dynojet.

Last edited:

akaeric

Established Member
I got a chip Brian Herron [[email protected]] of course from Apten in 2 days and I got a lot of bang for the buck and he took time to check up on me to make sure everything wotked out all right I use to like the Predator I have two of them for a 2003 Cobra one thats never ben used and one that needs to be reset because it still has my old cars stock program I'll sell at a good price the problem I have with the Predator is after I bought a 2004 Cobra I'm stuck with a tuner thats no good to me they said they don't see them reburning older tuners. So if anybody interested in a Predator for a 2003 Cobra email me or PM me. I have found another company that makes tuners that have 4 differant progams in it amd it will work on a 2004 Cobra but I'm not sure which is better except that you can send your chip off to get reprogramed but I don't know about yours but my computer was well it wasn't hard to take out but it was a little hard getting it back in with that chip and duck tape on the end.

cobra4.6L

Established Member
Originally posted by akaeric
I got a chip Brian Herron [[email protected]] of course from Apten in 2 days and I got a lot of bang for the buck and he took time to check up on me to make sure everything wotked out all right I use to like the Predator I have two of them for a 2003 Cobra one thats never ben used and one that needs to be reset because it still has my old cars stock program I'll sell at a good price the problem I have with the Predator is after I bought a 2004 Cobra I'm stuck with a tuner thats no good to me they said they don't see them reburning older tuners. So if anybody interested in a Predator for a 2003 Cobra email me or PM me. I have found another company that makes tuners that have 4 differant progams in it amd it will work on a 2004 Cobra but I'm not sure which is better except that you can send your chip off to get reprogramed but I don't know about yours but my computer was well it wasn't hard to take out but it was a little hard getting it back in with that chip and duck tape on the end.
u got a pm

Users who are viewing this thread