predator with pulley tune?

cobra93teal

Psycho Pilot Racing
Established Member
anyone running the predator pulley tune with a 280 pulley? I have a 280 pulley with the predaton pulley tune( 6%rich and -4 deg time). I cant hear any knocking and the car seems to run great! I have heard a lot of people cannot get the car to stop knocking with the tune it comes with. I run 93 octane and believe to have no probs anyone else have the same results?

mixedup

Established Member

I have the 2.8 and pully tune - ran 418 and 451 with it going rich at 5600 rpms - gonna try a custom tune from one of the shops

blwn88cpe

Established Member
Re: reply

Originally posted by mixedup
I have the 2.8 and pully tune - ran 418 and 451 with it going rich at 5600 rpms - gonna try a custom tune from one of the shops

What other mods do you have? Those numbers seem really low compared to what I've seen other guys post. What kind of dyno was it? Most seem to be around 450+RWHP and 475+ RWTQ.:shrug: I need to get my car on the dyno before the pulley, so I can get some pre-pulley numbers. The custom tune should definitely help. Good luck getting everything worked out.

mixedup

Established Member
Dynojet Dyno - magnaflow cat back and K&N 9" filter with engine area cover along with 2.8 suregrip pully and 74.5 belt - slips so went to 74 Gatorback - we'll see.

My car stock tune at 600 miles was a low producer at only 339/348 rw SAE (AF was at 10 from 4500 rpms on - really rich stock tune) - looked at cats - they don't glow so??????

blwn88cpe

Established Member
Have you posted this in the Terminator forum? There's alot of guys there that I'm sure could help you out.

When you say stock tune, I'm assuming you mean factory stock(no mods)? If so, I guess you didn't do too bad. 80rwhp and 103rwtq gain from your mods. How many miles are on your car now? I bet you have picked up more power depending on the miles. Got your dyno graph(s) available? A custom tune on the Predator should help out alot, especially if you are rich.

Last edited:

ALA G8R

Banned
Originally posted by cobra93teal
anyone running the predator pulley tune with a 280 pulley? I have a 280 pulley with the predaton pulley tune( 6%rich and -4 deg time). I cant hear any knocking and the car seems to run great! I have heard a lot of people cannot get the car to stop knocking with the tune it comes with. I run 93 octane and believe to have no probs anyone else have the same results?

Don't you mean -4% timing? That is equivalent to retarding approx 1 degree to 25 degrees. I would suggest setting the timing adjustment to -10%. During my dyno tune the difference between 0% (26 degrees) and -10% (23 degrees) was only 4RWHP. -10% give you a little more margin.

Users who are viewing this thread