Price on lowering springs

DAN MCGRAW

I took my car to a speed shop today , for a price on installing lowering springs. He said that it is a pain in the butt job,that the labor is about 300.00 . I asked him if I need to replace the shocks and struts at the same time , he said no. The second thing I asked him was if he could change the gears to 4.10 . He told me that he would not do the gears , to hard of a job . Guys is this alot of labor for putting in the new springs ? Also is installing new gears that hard of a job ? The work will be done on my 97 cobra .

monkeyspunk79

A Van Down by the River.
Established Member
Not that much for installing the springs, but it isn't a 'pain in the butt'. Maybe on a 99-up car with the IRS. Yours is a straight-forward job. And if he's scared to do springs, don't worry about asking him to do a rear gear swap. See about finding a different mechanic or speed shop.

Wildpony

Established Member
I think my springs were around $185 to install. It sounds like this guy don't want the job or he don't know WTF he is doing. I wouldn't even trust him doing a gear job as he would prob. just "slap" the gears in and not even "shim" them/line them up right.
I'm not sure you care for Steeda but I think they are down in Miami. I would think you could trust them on doing the stuff right -even though you may pay a little higher "hourly rate" for labor...
Good Luck :thumbsup:

theinjectedzone

Established Member
We charge 200 for the springs on your car, and 150 for gear install, just to give you an idea of what it should cost. And the spring job takes about 2 hours to do tops
thanks

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread