Professional Wax

trance_in_miami

Established Member
I was :read: reading a website of proffesional detailers and iam curious as to what type of results can these machines do to your car. Will it give your car better results this way ?
wpe16.jpg

wpe12.jpg

wpe22.jpg

wpe27.jpg

and this wax.
Liquid Paste Wax with Carnauba Wax and DuPont Xonyl(R) is a free-flowing paste wax that has been converted to a liquid
114464_lg.jpg

considering that those are orbital buffing machines. what's the difference between those machine and the Porter Cable besides thier size.:idea:

Last edited:

Scott P

Established Member
Just because it is used by a professional, doesn't mean it should be used by the enthusiast. That guy is holding a Makita 7227C rotary polisher with what looks to be a wool bufing pad. That is a nice machine that does a fantastic job on swirls. however, it does require some degree or training and lots of practice to do right.

A rotary is a direct drive machine, not an orbital polisher like the Porter Cable 7224/7336 machines. They will work better to remove swirls, wet-sanding marks, scratches, etc. In the hands of a trained profesional, they can really make paint look nice. But, in the hands of someone who is untrained, it can really messs up paint. They can cause holograms in the pait that are ugly in light and will reasy remove paint from edges.

spree

Established Member
I haven't even gotten a chance to play with a rotary yet. I need to find myself a POS beater to mess with :shrug:

DARKSTI

Yea, its a 4CYL ...
Established Member
yea, thats gonna be my next major detail purchase. my moms old subaru is perfect to practice on, lol

rockX219

Established Member
yea, thats gonna be my next major detail purchase. my moms old subaru is perfect to practice on, lol

Rotary buffers take some getting used to. Takes out scratches easily, but can also burn paint and leave a lot of swirls....main reason to follow up with a orbital buffer. Try to find one with a variable setting, they are easier to control and practice with.

DARKSTI

Yea, its a 4CYL ...
Established Member
rockX219 said:
Rotary buffers take some getting used to. Takes out scratches easily, but can also burn paint and leave a lot of swirls....main reason to follow up with a orbital buffer. Try to find one with a variable setting, they are easier to control and practice with.
yea, shes getting a new car soon, so she said i can use it. Im looking at either a PC or Makita

rockX219

Established Member
LTHLBLU said:
yea, shes getting a new car soon, so she said i can use it. Im looking at either a PC or Makita

Dewalt and Snap On are are good too. I bought one of each when I worked in detail. The Dewalt was $250 and $300 for the Snap On.

Juiced-03

Established Member
I have a Dewalt rotary and I love it! It took a little time to get used to, but I could not live without it now. I use it when I have swirls that need to be taken care of quickly. I use the PC for applying sealants or glazes (sometimes light polishes if the rotary is not needed). I dont recommend everyone going out and buying rotaries, but if you detail often, and you demand a swirl free finish, it may be something you would like to learn one day.

Users who are viewing this thread