Purge on a Dry kit

97SVTStang

Established Member
not really needed, other than the fun factor

WRONG. A purge kit is very useful. Nitrous is actually a liquid, when it sits in the lines for a long period of time it will actually turn into a vapor. You get the strongest hit when you have liquid nitrous right up to the solenoids. What a purge will due is vent that vapor so you have a full solid shot of nitrous right at the solenoids when your ready to use it.

Last edited:

SVTHorsnake

Banned
Originally posted by 97SVTStang
WRONG. A purge kit is very useful. Nitrous is actually a liquid, when it sits in the lines for a long period of time it will actually turn into a vapor. You get the strongest hit when you have liquid nitrous right up to the solenoids. What a purge will due is vent that vapor so you have a full solid shot of nitrous right at the solenoids when your ready to use it.

so if I understand you correctly, it's more a performance mod, does it hurt the kit or the car if I don't? would the lines be affected with nitrous in the lines for extended periods and will it hurt my block if it gets an inconsistent shot in the begining?

thanks for the input to the both of you:beer:

97SVTStang

Established Member
so if I understand you correctly, it's more a performance mod, does it hurt the kit or the car if I don't? would the lines be affected with nitrous in the lines for extended periods and will it hurt my block if it gets an inconsistent shot in the begining?

Yes it is more a performance mod. Will it hurt the kit or the block - NO! With the purge you will run a little bit more consistant times. The worst you will do with vapor in the lines is you would run a little rich untill a clean shot of nitrous is there, but only for a split second. And there is nothing wrong with running rich. You will also feel the nitrous hit harder if you purge before you use it. Rule of thumb is on the street dont purge on the street due to it will come on a little softer, and on the track purge to hit harder, both for traction reasons. I always purge mine even on the street.

Users who are viewing this thread