Put MAC catback on without lift?

TopRacer

Why Yellow...? BECAUSE!!
Established Member
Is it possible to put a MAC 2 1/2 or 3" cat back exhaust on without a lift or do i have to take it to a shop to put it on?

How many pieces does it come in?

Thanks...

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
I did the Flowmaster cat-back (four pieces total) on ramps in my garage without any problems...and I'm a novice. :-D

Hunter

Crazy Insane SVT Poster!
Established Member
I did my Magnaflow cat-back in my garage on ramps too. There were a total of 6 pieces with my kit. The two inlet pipes, two mufflers, and two tail pipes. I am also a novice, and it was an easy install.

SoCalBlk03

THE Clutch Killer!!
Established Member
The MAC catback I installed took 30 min. All you need is a floor jack, jack stands (so you don't kill yourself), a socket set and WD-40. The kit comes in 4 pieces. The mufflers are prewelded to the inlet and discharge pipes. The tailpipes are seperate and bolt to the discharge tubes just like the way the OEM H-pipe bolts up to the OEM cat back. Get it good and tight and it won't leak. WD-40 is for the hangers and will line up with minimal effort. Hope this answers your questions.

03blownvenom

Established Member
SoCal..Did your pipes fit correctly? I bought the MAC #4699 and one of the tail pipes sticks down about a half an inch further. I can actually stick my hand between the rear bumper cover and pipe. The other side is fine. Any suggestions?

The only problem I had was getting those darn rubber hangers loose..that's what took the bulk of the time. Come to find out my buddy has a special tool for these...go figure!

Last edited:

SoCalBlk03

THE Clutch Killer!!
Established Member
Mine fit fine, although people have commented that they thought the drivers side looked odd bevause of the way the pipe bends to clear the IRS.

mvc-004f.jpg

03blownvenom

Established Member
I took a look at mine real quick again..the hanger on the the passenger side is bit longer. I think they messed up on the hanger length. Your's looks perfect! Hmmm..should I cut the hanger or have MAC send another tailpipe?

SoCalBlk03

THE Clutch Killer!!
Established Member
IMO I wouldn't pass up free stuff. Why not give 'em a call in the AM and see if they'll send you one in leu of you returning yours. Just tell them you can't drive around w/o a tailpipe and your OEM one's are in the junkyard. That way you can still drive your car until the new one arrives.

Last edited:

Rwick7

Established Member
PM - racerat on this board...she has some clips of her car with the MAC catback and Magnaflow X pipe.

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
The "12.50 at Alamo" is the only clip on that page that has the MAC catback. The video that plays when it loads is just the Magnaflow Catted X and stock catback.

The exhaust is loud...no doubt about it. I've set off a few sensitive car alarms. :rollseyes

Users who are viewing this thread