Pypes LT Bung Relocation (e85)

ranskuy

Established Member
For you e85 people with long tubes.

I’ll be running e85 next week but I’m curious if I have to relocate my o2 bungs on my Pypes LTs? Or if anyone added spark plug spacers?

Reaper14

Established Member
For you e85 people with long tubes.

I’ll be running e85 next week but I’m curious if I have to relocate my o2 bungs on my Pypes LTs? Or if anyone added spark plug spacers?
I dont know about the Pypes LT's but I haven't had to relocate mine & no spacers on my plugs.

V.C

willief23

Established Member
If you have pypes LT you need to relocate the o2 bung. You need to have the bung made at a 45 degree angle so that the o2 sensor is pointed more downward to let condensation drip down and off the o2 sensors. Just make a new o2 bung a couple inches up from the original o2 bung spot and place it higher up on the collector at a 45 degree angle.

Also spacers aka mil eliminators/spark plug foulers are used for when you have high flow catted mid pipes and are throwing a cel light. You use the spacers to leave the o2 sensor closer to the edge of the o2 bung so that it reads less flow kinda like the flow you would get from the stock cats.

Last edited:

ranskuy

Established Member
If you have pypes LT you need to relocate the o2 bung. You need to have the bung made at a 45 degree angle so that the o2 sensor is pointed more downward to let condensation drip down and off the o2 sensors. Just make a new o2 bung a couple inches up from the original o2 bung spot and place it higher up on the collector at a 45 degree angle.
Can that be done while the headers are on the car?
Also would the o2 extenders/spark plug spacers work on the other hand?

willief23

Established Member
yes you can wield a new o2 with the headers on the car already. i edited my original post so just refresh the page to see what i wrote on the o2 spacers/spark plug foulers.

ranskuy

Established Member
yes you can wield a new o2 with the headers on the car already. i edited my original post so just refresh the page to see what i wrote on the o2 spacers/spark plug foulers.
Can you link that post to me? I lost that page if you don’t mind.

Users who are viewing this thread