Question about numbers on your cars?

Andy M

Established Member
I noticed in the RA pics that you guys all have the numbers on the sides and sometimes on the hood of your cars? Not to sound to stupid on this (but I am a bit ignorant on this issue) ...but who decides what the number will be on your car? I suppose there are certain guidelines if you are using your car in SCCA type events? like the number you select cannot already be in use?, etc.. but if you are not SCCA racing your car, is it just entirely up to you what number you use?

Also, where do you guys get the numbers, and what is it made of? is it magnetic, or some kind of stick on that doesn't damage the paint?? so many questions - so few answers?! :-?

Cobra-R

Established Member
Andy,
Since nobody else has answered I will take a shot at it.

At the Road America event, we could request numbers on a first come first serve basis. We had a 1st thru 3rd choice for a number, most got thier first pick and some didn't.

Alot of people were running stick on numbers, and a few(me included) was running static numbers. I had no problems keeping them on and they left no marks in the paint(which was a concern to me). I can't remember where I ordered the numbers from, I believe it was out of Kansas or some central state like that. If you are interested, I can look it up and get back to you on it.

Brian

Users who are viewing this thread