Question about squeeking front lowering springs

cobra199711

Established Member
Had a shop install the Roush ones- they are the 1 inch loweering for the front (they are suppose to be plug and play). They continue to squeek and when i went back to the shop they said the factory bushing/isloator they re used is not sitting properly? The kit didn't come with any others ones other than the bump stops for the rear. Anyone deal with this before? thanks

Last edited:

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
There's a ton of reasons why this may be happening.

The isolators may be shot, or installed improperly. That's certainly a possibility. It could also be something like the springs not set in their perches correctly, or the control arms and strut mounts not torqued properly.

alex12gt

Established Member
There's a ton of reasons why this may be happening.

The isolators may be shot, or installed improperly. That's certainly a possibility. It could also be something like the springs not set in their perches correctly, or the control arms and strut mounts not torqued properly.

x2 i installed mine and didnt have a problem at all but i would check the items stated above

Impetuous

Common sense isn't common
Established Member
When I installed mine the front passenger side squeaked a little bit. I torqued the strut nut a little more and it stopped. I get absolutely no noises with mine. I'm wondering if they re-used the front rubber coil covers (vibration dampeners?) that comes with the oem springs over the last coil.

Last edited:

cobra199711

Established Member
The re-used the oem isolators. per Roush this is what they recommend.ll have them tighten the struts down a bit. Car only has 8k miles so not worn out yet.

Users who are viewing this thread