Question about steering.

ZincDude

Blah
Established Member
Anyone having any problems with there steering yet? When I pull into parking lots there seems to be a nice clunking sound with the steering like its the rack or something. My driveway has a dip to it and when I pull in and out I here it. Other then that what a badass car!!

smokedbystang

Established Member
I hear the same thing going in and out of my driveway too. Hope someone can answer this question. I was going to bring it to the dealer but have not had the time. My '01 cobra did the same thing, so I don't think it is anything to worry about.

Ken

2k3mk1

Established Member
I had a clunk in mine and the dealer took care of it.Turned out to be a loose brkt on the seat. It was in the back though. Only problem Ive had with the car in 11k mi. These cars rock right out of the box.:thumbsup:

Black04Lightning

I ATE YOUR HEMI FOR LUNCH
Established Member
East Bay Area - Pleasant Hill - California
Technical Service Bulletin

There is a Tecnical service bulletin Fro Ford on the front suspention , Take it to the Dealer , and have them retourque all the front suspention Bolts , this makes the clunk go away since now the bolts will be the proper tightness ,look up the Bulletin on ALL DATA ..........:beer:

N20D5OH

Established Member
I had to have my steering rack bushings replaced when I had my tranny replaced last week. It was creaking whenever I turned the wheel.

ZincDude

Blah
Established Member
Thanks for the info guys!! Planning on taking the car in this week sometime for the shaker fix and my free oil change so I will inquire about the retorque.

34Ford

Established Member
Although mine is not clunking, I had the p/s pump replaced already.
Had stripped threads on one of the hoses.
I told the dealer there was no way I was going to have a leak on my new Mach 1 when my old '88 Mark 7 has NO leaks:p

Dennis

ZincDude

Blah
Established Member
Wow the power steering pump!! For the first time this morning when the car was warming up I had a sound like it was the power steering pump but went away. Great a new noise!! I love this F@cking car!! Who's with me!!:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread