Question About Warning Texas

Imatk

Established Member
I was pulled over and given a written warning for failure to maintain a single lane.

After she gave me the ticket/warning she also gave me a yellow piece of paper and told me to call the court in about a week.

I've not gotten a ticket or warning before so I'm curious why I need to call the court?

Thanks for any info.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
What does the yellow paper say? is it a separate piece of paper? I have gotten a couple of tickets but never a warning so am curious as to how this works. never had to call a court for a warning in any state I have gotten them in tho.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member

Imatk

Established Member
Yeah I called the court house and even the woman there was confused.

I said, "Maybe she just told me it was a warning when it was actually a citation?"

And she said that wasn't likely, but wasn't sure why she told me to call.

I'm guessing that's what it was, that she said "warning" but misspoke.

aquill1

Established Member
Imatk

Did you get it figured out? If they say they don't have any information about a citation I'd at least be diligent in making sure it doesn't magically appear in the court house and go to warrant.

You could always try to get a hold of the officer and clarify which it it.

Imatk

Established Member
Imatk

Did you get it figured out? If they say they don't have any information about a citation I'd at least be diligent in making sure it doesn't magically appear in the court house and go to warrant.

You could always try to get a hold of the officer and clarify which it it.

The lady that I spoke with at the court house just said to call back within two weeks and if it is a ticket they will have it on file.

I'm thinking it's a ticket and she told me it's a warning.

But yeah I'm definitely going to make sure I resolve it. I'll get the name of the clerk I speak with so just in case anything happens I'll at least have a name.

Users who are viewing this thread