Question from a Newb!

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
Got a pretty stock 03 Termi with justa set of flowmasters on it.... I recently purchased from LFP and single blade TB and plenum, Dual Pass H/E, and the SCT X3 Power pack, using a 2.9 upper and a 6# lower. Once all the parts are installed and I download the SCT program, do I need to have the car dyno tuned also, or should I be good to hook with just the handheld?
I never did any mods to my 04 Mach, so I;m just looking for opinions.

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
always get a dyno tune or a tune by a tuner even if dyno is not used,., canned tunes are not the best, cause all cars are diff like a fingerprint :thumbsup: but have fun, your list of parts is a good start, don't skimp on the fuel mods :-D

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
Thanks for the reply. Got mine from Hi-End Auto and they recommended to get it dyno'd
at Excessive Motorsports up in northern VA. Was also told by LFP that installing the handheld tuner when I install everything would keep the engine safe, but I think I will definately get the dyno too.....just to see what Im making RWHP.... Should be interesting :D

.n0b.

moar powa
Established Member
Goodluck and have fun

If LFP means Lightning Force Perf, I'd say away from them. But if you mean Lethal by LFP, nevermind then

Last edited:

d4a3m2o1n

Banned
oh and OP definitely get the car to a dyno! HBH (horsepower by hermann) in maryland is excellent. they are great guys, will answer all your questions and hermann definitely knows his stuff! if you can make the drive, id recommend him 110%

Users who are viewing this thread