Question on hood repairs

LS WUT

Established Member
What’s up gentlemen, so I’ve come into an interesting dilemma. I have a close friend of mine who just happens to have a sonic blue cobra. Well the time has come for him to part ways with the car. He’s got a business opportunity that’s come up and would like cash now. He’s willing to give me a good deal on the car, which is great. However everything comes with a catch. Im not ready to get another car, however there is a chance I might trade him straight up to help him out as well. This is still up in the air of course. A couple things about the car bother me, some more than others. I’ll start with the basics.

The car previously had Hood pins which have been removed, now there are holes in the hood. My question is can the holes be repaired or would it be worth just trying to find another hood?

Secondly same goes for the front bumper it’s got the license plate bracket holes, and it looks when the bracket was removed it messed up the front bumper. How hard is it to have the holes filed, and when it’s done how does it look?

Any input is greatly appreciated. Thank you guys.

Attachments

• IMG_1556.png
    IMG_1556.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 60
  • IMG_1555.png
    IMG_1555.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 45

NAPERCOBRA

Established Member
I remember looking at a low mileage sonic coupe many years ago same issues as this one but it had all the trim faded from sun damage and it had vinyl stripes at one point that the sun baked them into the paint in the trunk and rear bumper and part of the roof. My ocd wouldn’t let me buy it. Like others said the hood and bumper can be repaired.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Are you going to trade the black coupe? That said those are minor fixes. My CO used to have a license plate bracket on it. It was removed the bumper fixed and resprayed you can’t even tell it was done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kazman

King of Kazmania
Established Member
Premium Member
You missed your opportunity to pull a Smeigle (or however you spell it) by even posting this here.
Daniel, your friend's name isn't Josh by chance? :ROFLMAO:

j/k

Almost anything can be repaired. That is just few minor holes, no biggie.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread