Question on SCT PRP vs. Moates 1/4Horse

SinisterX

Makin ALL KINDS of gains
Established Member
After switching to a low Z injector and driver box it's taken some time to get the idol tuned in with these 160 lb injectors.
Reason being SCT not having the ability to real time tune.

My question is, why don't more people use Moates Quarterhorse software?

I just seen this the other day and kicked myself for not seeing it before I bought the PRP from SCT. No one ever raves about it :??:

Real time tuning is so much nicer and faster

01yellercobra

Established Member
I heard about it a long time ago. But when I heard about it they didn't support the ODBII cars. Has that changed? I've always wanted to be able to do real time tuning.

Cobra52898

Muscle/Performance car junkie
Established Member
DIY tuning is the only way to go. I've done all my own tuning and love it. I use a TwEECer and Clint Garrity's (sp) Binary Editor (BE) software. My 98 Cobra has an S-Trim SC with 60 lbs/hr injectors and a ProM-77 MAF and the tune is spot on. There is a learning curve but sites like http://www.EECtuning.org is a great place to go for help. Moates Quarterhorse is also a good product and BE is designed to work with it as well as the TwEECer. Once you get into it you'll really enjoy tuning.

Last edited:

REX-RACER

Testing w/ the live data!
Established Member
Subbing! Learning to do some tuning on my '01 Cobra and will be helping a buddy tune his 95 GT that he's doing a motor swap. Was considering the SCT PRP stuff but would definitely like to know more about the Moates stuff!

Users who are viewing this thread