Question

JAVILOPE

Established Member
Everytime i sit in the L (sometimes I just sit inside and smell the leather) I notice that the "theft" light is blinking. I know that this "theft" lights indicated the factory alarm is activated. But what does it actually do. Will it go off if the truck is broken in to. Does it disable the truck when it's activated. My dad just bought an F150 and he was wondering the same thing.

FlaSVT

Moderator - 2nd Gen Forum
Established Member
It is not an alarm that will go off, at least as far as I have been able to tell. The flashing light indicates that the system used with the anti-theft ignition key is working.

foreverford

Established Member
When I was a bad little kid, like 7 years ago. That little flashing light meant (kick me). We would kick the car and make the alarm go off. Stupid kids. :fm: :r:

lightningfastsvt

Established Member
Your Lightning should be factory installed with a Ford passive alarm system. This would mean 1. That your truck will make a loud obnoxious noise if someone breaks into it, 2. As long as that noise is going, they should not be able to start your engine (kill switch), and 3. if you forget to set the alarm, it will set itself (not lock the doors though.

Adrenaline

Established Member
Ummm... My 2000 L does not do anything if the doors are locked (with the windows down), and you reach in and open a door. As far as I knew, this was normal. I thought the L's came with the PATS system as their only anti-theft feature. As far as the remote on the keychain, isn't that just for keyless entry? In other words, it doesn't activate/arm any sort of "alarm". Who knows, I could be wrong....:-?

tommylightning

No status!!
Established Member
Next time you drive it or leave it in your garage. Roll down your window, lock the truck with remote, let it sit for awhile, reach inside (without un-locking it) and open it with the inside door handle and the horn should start honking and the lights should flash. It's same thing if a would be thief were to break the window and use the inside handle to open the door, since using the un-lock button then using the outside handle takes too much time. :D :read:

Litenin75

Established Member
Also, if you lock the doors with remote, the truck WILL NOT start unless it is unlocked with the remote. You can't just open the door with the key and start it up. Also, the remote does not work while the vehicle is running.

Users who are viewing this thread