Quick Video: 4.10's, Steeda intake and tune..

Blown2004Stang

Established Member
Anyone on the fence about getting a set of 4.10 gears.. Rest assured, it's worth every penny! 2nd gear looks a little short in this video.. mainly because I'm frying the tires and close to the limiter the entire time. By the time the tires hook, it's time to shift. On drag radials, you would get more use out of 2nd gear. But, it puts the engine right in it's sweet spot with this gear. MAYBE 3.90's would be the perfect gear, but, Ford Racing doesn't make that ratio. So, you would have to run aftermarket.

Quick little video that I threw together.. :burnout: (looks best in full screen mode, in 480p)

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNj-qmTTaqU"]YouTube - 2011 Mustang 5.0, 4.10 gears, intake, and a tune[/nomedia]

Sorry it's not the best quality. I shot it with my Droid phone. I'll have track footage and times this weekend, and I'll get some video with a better camera. This is running on the stock tires, right after I flashed the computer. After driving it about 50 miles this evening, the fuel trims are set, and the car feels even faster. It has zero traction in 1st/2nd on the stock 18's. I'll be tossing on a set of 275/45/17" Nitto's on 9.5" wide wheels for my track runs tomorrow evening. It feels like a very low 12 second car as it sits. We'll see how she runs!

I've got a slight vibration between 55-70mph that wasn't there before.. I'm going to bring it back on Monday to have the dealer look at it. The driveshaft may just need to be rotated on the pinion flange and rebolted.

Travis

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread