• Race Red

Votes: 17 73.9%
  • Black

Votes: 6 26.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SPARTAAA 117

Established Member
Pick one based purely on how it looks...I know black gets dirty really quick and red gets a lot of attention

EDIT: I'm so tired I left out Ruby Red...but thats the 3

Last edited:

Aftrbrnr

Established Member
It's hard to say, I think with performance vehicles red is a bit cliched and overplayed, I mean it is my favorite color but for these types of cars it is too common IMO. Black as others have pointed out gives dirt and mud a dark contrast background to stand out on which is why it "looks" the dirtiest when not clean.

But that being said, to go back on red I think one thing a lot of car manufacturers as of late have been lacking on is colors outside of grey scale, that is anything that isn't black, grey, silver, or white. I've noticed certain segments these are the only colors available such as base trim levels on compact-sized cars and smaller or luxury vehicles. Thus, in a contemporary setting where only those types of colors are offered, something like red is different IMO when you look at it that way.

I do think there is a dearth of decent shades of greens from car manufacturers lately, especially something darker and not a controversial color like "Gotta Have it Green".

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
I saw a black 15 GT at Barrett Jackson and I have to say I did not like it. I dont know if it was the car or the color.... so jury is out for me.

mtrsprt

Established Member
Race Red, DIB, or Competition Orange hands down. Don't know what the hype about Guard color is. It's another shade of grey. BFD.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Race Red, DIB, or Competition Orange hands down. Don't know what the hype about Guard color is. It's another shade of grey. BFD.

Once you see it in person it is pretty cool.

At the car show, one side of the car was grey and the other side was noticeably more green due to the change in lighting.

Users who are viewing this thread