race vale issue procharger

Jared89

Established Member
i put on my race valve last night. went and made a few hits today and ran into an issue. The valve is like resting against the the silicone intake pipe and that is causing the problem. it is causing the intake pipe to close, i am guessing it is from the air from the valve and the intake sucking. i know people were having issues before. I was thinking about trying to trim the silicone intake pipe so it will it be away the race valve alittle. Any suggestions?

04-OW-COBRA

Established Member
Mine presses against the intake tube and makes a small indent in it but i have never noticed it causing the intake to pinch itself shut. How do you know it's actually closing off?

Jared89

Established Member
Yes it is chocking the car.
race.jpg

Last edited:

04-OW-COBRA

Established Member
That looks like it pushes in a little further on the tube than mine. Maybe the best option is to contact Procharger directly. Or hopefully they will chime in on the thread and let us know what we can do to fix this. Like i said I've never noticed mine actually pinching all the way off but that would be hard to tell unless you had a camera or were able to watch on a dyno i suppose.

phils04gt

Established Member
I had the same issue. Found out when the car was on the dyno. Procharger sent me new hardened elbow but I could not get it to fit. I have been running without filter.

ProChargerTECH

Yes it is chocking the car.
View attachment 56509

If you can see more then 1/2 the top of the valve in that image, then its not installed correctly.

The hoses need to be trimmed so that the valve sits about halfway under the core support.

This way it doesn't "push" on the inlet hose. If it pushes on the hose it will cause it to collapse.

Some trimming, and you will be fine!
Thanks!

PS: you also have the older inlet tube. Please call in with your serial number, and we can get you the correct inlet tube. You will still need to trim the new rubber tube, to get it to come as close to the blower as possible.

PSS: Race valves aren't really needed until 750+ HP, so they are considered a "race" item, aka we have no idea where people will want to put them, if they are running custom tubing, custom intercoolers, etc. However they can fit in that area with some trimming.

Its hard to tell by this angle, but you can see how far down the valve is, and that it doesn't push in the inlet.
Next time we do an install here, I will take a better image of this from the top angle.

2015_mustang_stage2_racevalve.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread