Raced a nice Cobra

Blackgeetee

Established Member
A 1993 blue Cobra came flying up behind me while driving down a pretty busy stretch of road. Finally he pulled up along side of me and throws a few revs. (This thing is cherry! Very nice and very very loud!) There was one passenger with him. We get stuck at a light behind two or three cars each and talk a bit. He asked what I had and I told him stock except the exhaust. I never got to ask him what he had as the light turned green and we were off. We both punched it a few times but the traffic was keeping us tamed. At a Y intersection we both take the left y and head to up to a red light. The light turned green and we both nailed it. I had him out of the hole but as we both wound 1st he started pulling and we were dead even. Then we nail 2nd at the same time (both cars barking hard) and then stay even for a bit, then he starts to slowly pull a half car lengh on me. He hit third first and I bring up the ground I lost to where we were even. I nailed third perfectly with a little chirp and stay dead even with him until we both shut off at about 95mph as we were once again entering more traffic. We both gave each other thumbs up and pull into a gas station. He didn't stay long at all, said they had somewhere to go. He said he had 3-chamber flows. That's all he said he had. It sure seemed pretty loud for 3-chambers. Anyway, it was fun and I was surprised I hung with him as well as I did. It was a really nice Cobra.

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
If he was stock (unpainted), it was a Cobra clone, albeit a nice one. Black, red and teal were the only colors available for the '93 Cobra... Also, he would have had a "COBRA" badge instead of SVT and the taillights would have been red/yellow/clear, instead of all red (since they came from the '84-'86 SVO)... One final little known fact is they only made one snake emblem that first year so they point in different directions depending which side of the car you are on (one looks "back" and the other looks "forward").

Good run, nonetheless! Gotta love any car that can chirp third with 3.27s!!!

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
Uh, mine'll bark third pretty hard. and i just have 3.27's.

(looking around to see if noone will notice the sig or the name)
OK, i know, mine's not a gt.

seriously, i couldn't hardly chirp third in my '95 gt, i wouldn't have though the 98 gt's could, stock i mean.

Blackgeetee

Established Member
Actually it was teal. Teal is kind of a bluish green right? It had an SVT badge right underneath the cobra symbol on the side. He must have added that for some reason.

I can't always bark third, just when I nail it perfect. I still haven't been to the track since I did all the exhaust work. I did g-tech it a few weeks ago and ran a 14.7 @ 98.5mph with horrible traction. The trap speed seems to be a little high compared to the ET. I don't know if that's because of traction or the g-tech being wrong. It did say 98mph on both of the two runs I had though.

I can't wait to go to the track!

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Originally posted by quick01snake
Uh, mine'll bark third pretty hard. and i just have 3.27's.
Uh, you drive a 320HP (at least) TWO-FANGED Mustang, and my quote was "Gotta love any car that can chirp third with 3.27s"...:D:D:D

OK, i know, mine's not a gt.
We already covered that...:D:D:D

seriously, i couldn't hardly chirp third in my '95 gt, i wouldn't have thought the 98 gt's could, stock i mean.
#1: The '96-up got 3.27 rear gears, pre-'96 had 3.08s, stock.
#2: Off-road exhaust and intake (K&N) can do ALOT to wake up ANY Mustang.
#3: Blackgeetee is a MUCH better shifter than you...j/k :D:D:D
#4: Blackgeetee would have paid me to say all of this, anyway. :D:D:D

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
well rip me to shreds wydoncha? j/k
actually i had 2.73's in my 95, that royally sucked.
and i'm the best shifter there is, i got a itchy trigger finger.

and i do love any car that'll bark third. i also like the fact that mine'll chirp fourth sometimes.

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
Originally posted by Blue98Cobra
Now Ham, you know I always cut you MAJOR slack...:D

Thanks Jimbo, i think.
Guess what?
Now i grind going into third. gonna drop it off this afternoon. thank SVT for the free loaners.

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Sorry to hear about the grinding gears :sad . Enjoy the loaner and make sure it's washed and detailed when you get it back:rolling: .

P.S. Thanks accepted. ;-)

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
Dropped it off at the local dealership yesterday, they gave me a merc sable, not bad, then call me up an hour later and tell me they need me to come in and talk to them. I get there and basically the guy tells me something about a bent shift rod for third gear, and since i had some bits of tire underneath my car behind the rear wheels, they're not gonna fix my tranny under warranty because they said it was due to abuse. WHATEVER!
I'm takin it to another dealership AND NEVER GOING BACK TO THAT ONE AGAIN. They used to be really good too.

Users who are viewing this thread