Racing Harness suggestions..

TcM-668

Til I figure out what to do about a roll cage, are there any recommendations for a 4/5pt harness for the R's ???

I am looking for something with a twistlock vs. the lever, as the lever can get hung on things and pulled while the twistlock is a little more forgiving...

Also, looking for suggestions for a racing suit...I have been trolling thru the Summit catalog, but not sure what I am looking at...(Yeah I know, its a book with pictures of things in it)...hehehehe

thanks.

don...

Andy M

Established Member
Don,

I'll meet you one day soon so you can see my 4 point harnesses (Schroth). They look wonderful! They are bright red with black letters.. I will send you an email with a pic of what they look like.

Only down side on these is they are a PIA to get through the two openings on our Recaro seats. Other than that though, pretty easy to install. I totally removed my stock seat belts in the process. I also took the opportunity (while my seats were outside of the car) to thoroughly vacuum and Scotch Guard the seats, as well as shampoo the carpeting under the seats.

Bottom line, the Schroth belts look fantastic in the car. I think I paid around $100.00 or so for each side??

Be glad to meet you somewhere either later today or this weekend so you can see them?...

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
Andy: Did you get them through houston performance? I guess I shoulda thought of the harnesses during the scmc gp....oh well....

Andy M

Established Member
Ken,

Bought them from a friend of mine in CA...

I am sure you could also buy them online or from Houston Performance?... jeggs dot com probably has them?..

Last edited:

TcM-668

Tried the link, but it thinks I am trying to log in as the owner...

If you have a model / part # that would be fine...I know you have good taste, and would not point me in the wrong direction! hehehehe

Thanks...

Don...

TcM-668

I did some trolling around on theweb and found them listed all over the place...

Looks like the Rallye 3 or 4 would be the one to get...

I am thinking about getting one of the auto-retractable with a lock-out switch for the passenger-side, since that might be a little safer ...

thanks again for everything...

Don...

Andy M

Established Member
Don,

I am sending you email as I type this message... check your inbox at work. I will try to locate the part numbers? and let you know?...

Users who are viewing this thread