Real 03/04 cobra heat extractor hood, not stock

racebronco2

Established Member
Hello just wondering if you have tried making similar hoods for s197 mustangs. I have an 07 GT 500 and I'm looking for a unique styled Louvered hood to cool off my nose heavy hot running snake.

I have not tried one for a gt500 or any s197's. The s197's have tiger racing as an option but i'm not sure what would look good on a gt500 since you already have a heat extractor vents. If the hood was done similar to my hood then the other opening would need to be blocked off. I would say what would look best is to add louvers towards the rear of the hood that matches the vent design.

racebronco2

Established Member
Update, I am working on a members cobra's hood (03/04)right now, it will have the extended leading edge of the hood, the heat extractor and the lip at the rear of the hood. Alot of work and he had to really twist my arm to give him the works.

After i finish this hood i have another hood that will be a lift off and should weigh somewhere around 20lbs. It will only have the heat extractor vents in it unless some one wants to buy it them i'll do what ever design they want. Sorry, don't want to ship so it must be some one within driving distance.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Sorry for bumping such an old thread but im very interested in this and local. Going to Pomona next month and need some better cooling mods. Right now it has the stock 01 Cobra hood (or V6 if youl like..) and it just sucks soo much that it needs to be cooled after a run or two sincei t looses soo much power.

im also local

Users who are viewing this thread