rear brake specs

svtmassa

Established Member
Are the 2015 5.0 rear brakes still going to be those crap single piston calipers? I know the front will be either 4 or 6 piston depending on package. thanks!

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
Looks like a single piston caliper on the V6/EcoB/GT. Looking at the pics of HRE test fitting the wheel I see just a single piston, albeit larger than previous years (possibly a GT500 carry over) The 16 SVT looks like it may get 4 pots all around from the pics and vids of it on the ring

Voltwings

Established Member
Looks like a single piston caliper on the V6/EcoB/GT. Looking at the pics of HRE test fitting the wheel I see just a single piston, albeit larger than previous years (possibly a GT500 carry over) The 16 SVT looks like it may get 4 pots all around from the pics and vids of it on the ring

GT500 has the same rear caliper, just larger rotor.
Excerpt from the link:
"Ford says the caliper is different, but when you actually buy one of them and compare it to the 2011-14 Mustang GT rear calipers, it is identical"
http://www.vorshlag.com/product_info.php?cPath=141_142_280&products_id=606

svtmassa

Established Member
thanks for the replies.... I know rear brakes arent that important in most scenarios however when I spend this much money on a car it should have them at least because they look good. Its such an eyesore and has driven me crazy about every mustang I have owned.

svtmassa

Established Member
upon further research it looks like the gt350 has the 6 piston front brakes and four piston rear brakes...... finally

Voltwings

Established Member
Number of pistons doesnt really dictate clamping force, its normally for more even pad pressure / wear. Large single pistons tend to shave pads at an angle, which can render them less effective over time. Multiple pistons "insures that doesnt happen."

I can certainly respect that large rear brakes are more cosmetically appealing though haha.

Users who are viewing this thread