rear bumper lettering and hood blanket lettering

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
I have my cobra away in deep storage in a car bag. So I am unable to get at it to check.

Is the hood blanket lettering the same size as the rear bumper lettering. I do not want to use the SS UPR lettering on the hood blanket. If the lettering is the same size as the rear bumper lettering I can use those letters to screen on the name ( look somthing like the old Buick GN ). I dont want the metal letters or chance of falling off. But I do want the Cobra to show up more for the car shows.

Can anyone check to see if they are the same size so i can work on the silk screening while the car is in storage.

Thanks guys

Torch Red 10th

Established Member
Couple of problems. For one, the letters on the bumper are more squared off and the hood blanket ones are more round. Second problem and this is weird.........every letter on the rear bumper is a different width. On the blanket the "C" and the "O" are 2.5" tall, the "B" and the "A" are 3" tall, and the "R" is 2 3/4" tall. Okay, the widths are "COBR" is 3 3/4" wide, and the "A" is 3 1/2".

Hope this helped.

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
I juess the reasoning behind the hight of the letter for the blanket is so you can read them because of the angle. Like comming up to a RR crossing on the road how the letters are stretched out?

I really didnt want to do this free hand, I fig if it was close, I could use the cheap bumper letters as a template for it.

Anyone sell cheaper hood blanket letters than upr's 99 dollars?

Thanks for going out and measuring

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread