Red 94-95 GT and Black 90-93 LX 5.0

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
This was on Wednesday I think. I had to run to Blockbuster to drop off some movies before noon. So I loaded up the Cobra with my daughter and headed out. Well right down the road from my house is a large intersection with a two lane turn. As I'm coming up to it I notice the above listed Mustangs sitting in the far left turn lane right behind each other. So I say to myself, "Self lets have some brunch.".:coolman: As I'm pulling up to them in the right lane I down shift agressively to get their attention. Well no revs or anything from them so I figure no dice.

We take the turn and I'm babying it just encase so they can catch up(they were a few cars back). The LX jumps behind me as the GT is pulling up even on my left. There is about a 7 - 8 carlength space between us and traffic so I goose it in second gear until I get to traffic. It wasn't much but it was enough to make the GT take the very next turn(which I don't think he was going to before). But the LX still wants some so I let him jump in front of me. Traffic is pretty dense so nothing happens for quite awhile. Then about 6 miles down the road we get an opening and I see black puffs come from his tailpipes. I milk the throttle to keep on his ass and we are going way over the posted. But I coast back a little and shift to fourth and pass him like he's standing still. :-D

We continue for a few miles and get next to each other. I roll down my window and the first words out of his mouth are, "That's a monster Cobra man!" I say thanks and tell him what's done to it. Then head home. Good guy.

Last edited:

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
Originally posted by Poisoned Pony
good kill. I'm kinda new to this board (back to posting after a long vacation) so what's done to your Cobra?

Just a Bassani X Pipe, 2 chamber flows, 31 Spline Mosers, Auburn Pro differential, 9.1:1 JE Pistons, Eagle Rods.............oh and an 8 lbs. V2 SQ Vortech. :-D

Users who are viewing this thread