Regarding the 93 cobra intake....(please come in)

cobr96

getting old
Established Member
" upper #f3ae 9f483 a2a"
"lower #rf f3ze9k461-bd "
Could these numbers given by mustang928 be a GT -40 intake??? I didnt check one , but I will:-D

Digdoug

Established Member
I'm sure most of you here know this, but for the new guys...

The first two letters/number are the date code (E=8, F=9 for the decade, plus the year....F3 being 93), next two letters are for the car line (Mustang parts use Z_ , trucks use T_, Full size cars use A_), then the next digits are the part. All cobra uppers should use 9425 in this instance. The last two letters are revisions. The CA (no ridge) came first, then was revised to include the ridge, so the revison went up a letter to CB. The next revision would be CC, etc. That's not to say a mustang can't have a part originally made for say a full size car and have the A_ letters after the date code, but generally speaking that is how they are decoded.

This number : upper #f3ae 9f483 a2a

is probably actually F3AE 9483 AA

and this : lower #rf f3ze9k461-bd

is probably F3ZE 9461 BD.

My guess ( and it's only a guess) is that the lower could be a cobra piece, but not the upper. The bottom is definately a 93 mustang piece, but the upper is not. ...it is a '93 part number, but just as everyone has already seen the 93 cobra upper was made for mustang only, so it is a ZE part...the AE is from some other car, or is a replacement part.

What year did they first start using the GT40P intake on the explorer? I don't think it was that long ago...seems like '96 or something. I'll have to look at my '93 lightning...could possibly be that. I wish the guy had sent you a picture....might just be a plain 5.0 intake from a Lincoln or Thunderbird or who knows what...that would make sense with the AE part number. LOL

Last edited:

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
To be honest with you, I think I would pass if they can't provide pix. Pix, to me, are pretty important, so that you can see what you are paying for and there is no misunderstanding what is being sold.

mustang928

Established Member
Just wanted to thank evryone for your help.... I ended up passing on the intake, even though the original owner of the intakes swore they from his 93 cobra.

Originally posted by LEE93COBRA
Yep.. I am probably going to do the same

If ever decide to sell your intake, I will glady take it off your hands!:beer:

cobr96

getting old
Established Member
My first guess would be GT-40 ?? I dont have one to check though, also sometimes the part number and a casting number are not the same. usually the casting number is only a couple of digits different from the part# . When they are different.

Users who are viewing this thread