"reliability" with KB 2.2?

GetBlown2k3

Established Member
Well I've recently been looking into getting a KB 2.2 for my Cobra, along with a BAP and TB (already have other supporting mods), but one of my big questions is reliability.

With the ported blower, I can still go on a highway drive for two hours and be fine, get decent HIGHWAY gas mileage (goes to the shitter in the city, lol), and not a lot of hassles. I don't dog on my car, I drive it very easy for the most part, and will get on it every once in a while. Right now with my Steggy stgIV ported blower I'm running 15lbs of boost and making 491/507. I'm only looking to run 15-17lbs with the KB 2.2. First off, what kind of HP can I expect with the 2.2L at these boost levels with a conservative tune? Second, does my reliability go out the window? Will I be likely to grenade the stock motor, or anything else? (other than the obvious stock half shafts, kill tires, etc.)

Screamin Cobra

Slam'd Cam'd Z06
Established Member
Well I've recently been looking into getting a KB 2.2 for my Cobra, along with a BAP and TB (already have other supporting mods), but one of my big questions is reliability.

With the ported blower, I can still go on a highway drive for two hours and be fine, get decent HIGHWAY gas mileage (goes to the shitter in the city, lol), and not a lot of hassles. I don't dog on my car, I drive it very easy for the most part, and will get on it every once in a while. Right now with my Steggy stgIV ported blower I'm running 15lbs of boost and making 491/507. I'm only looking to run 15-17lbs with the KB 2.2. First off, what kind of HP can I expect with the 2.2L at these boost levels with a conservative tune? Second, does my reliability go out the window? Will I be likely to grenade the stock motor, or anything else? (other than the obvious stock half shafts, kill tires, etc.)

I run 17psi on the streets with pump gas with 2 different tunes. I also have a pulley for 21-22psi and whenever I want to use that I just pour a bottle or two of torco (depending on how much gas is in the tank), turn up the bap, and go do what I have to do.

The only thing that I have done to my suspension is a BF IRS brace and I have had 600hp+ for a couple years now. I would say that it is every bit as reliable as your setup now if not more reliable. Why would that be? Because Eatons are known to build more heat than a twin screw. From what I gather, I would say that you would not grenade your stock motor because the potential that these motors have and you do not beat on yours.

My guess would be:
15psi - 540-560hp / 490-510tq
17psi - 575-610hp / 515-550tq

My Cobra dyno'd:
17psi - 579rwhp/511rwtq 18* timing 93 pump gas (conservative)
17psi - 606rwhp/535rwtq 20* timing 93 pump gas (aggressive)
21psi - 643rwhp/613rwtq 20* timing 104 pump/torco mix (race)

Hope this helps :beer:

XyX

Still in the game.
Established Member
yea...he knows his stuff..and his car is fast...trust me :)

Users who are viewing this thread