Remote tuners for MS3

96dreamer

Established Member
Who are the go to guys for remote tuning an MS3 pro setup these days? Thinking it might be time to have someone step in and fine tune what I have started. I have had my car running and driving on a MS3 pro ultimate for about 3 years now. It runs pretty good but I have everything dialed back to be safe. I mess with it when I have time but just don't drive the car enough to get comfortable with everything and dial anything in. Each time I try to set aside time to tune anything it has been long enough that I have to pretty much relearn the basics.

Quick rundown of the setup is a 4.6 ~11:1 comp, stock cams, ported c heads and c lower, novi 2000 pullied for max impeller rpm at 7k rpm redline, wastegate for boost control, flex fuel sensor, big external Fuelab pump, Bosch 220lb lng injectors, dual spartan 3 wide bands, knock sensors and running speed density.

I had it setup for global fuel multiplication for e85 at one point but have been running it on just 93 for over a year trying to get that working well. Ultimately I would like to have it tuned for 93 and e85 and use table interpolation between the two for both afr's and timing. I would also like to have the option for a few different wastegate settings I can select from for boost control. It makes right under 11lbs with the wastegate open which has been working well for 93 with a fat afr and super conservative timing.

01yellercobra

Established Member
@03cobra#2 might be able to help you. He liked the guy that helped him.

No need to run dual AFR. Just run flex blend and use the global modifier. You'll be able to use VE3 to tweak the E85 side.

Run flex blend for the timing tables as well. It's really not that bad to set up.

I haven't played with a boost controller yet so I can't help there.

03cobra#2

Hobbyist Of Many Hobbies
Established Member
Who are the go to guys for remote tuning an MS3 pro setup these days? Thinking it might be time to have someone step in and fine tune what I have started. I have had my car running and driving on a MS3 pro ultimate for about 3 years now. It runs pretty good but I have everything dialed back to be safe. I mess with it when I have time but just don't drive the car enough to get comfortable with everything and dial anything in. Each time I try to set aside time to tune anything it has been long enough that I have to pretty much relearn the basics.

Quick rundown of the setup is a 4.6 ~11:1 comp, stock cams, ported c heads and c lower, novi 2000 pullied for max impeller rpm at 7k rpm redline, wastegate for boost control, flex fuel sensor, big external Fuelab pump, Bosch 220lb lng injectors, dual spartan 3 wide bands, knock sensors and running speed density.

I had it setup for global fuel multiplication for e85 at one point but have been running it on just 93 for over a year trying to get that working well. Ultimately I would like to have it tuned for 93 and e85 and use table interpolation between the two for both afr's and timing. I would also like to have the option for a few different wastegate settings I can select from for boost control. It makes right under 11lbs with the wastegate open which has been working well for 93 with a fat afr and super conservative timing.

Look up Megasquirt Mustangs FAQ on Facebook groups. Ifs small but very helpful. Also you. An email [email protected]. Steven Van Order is really good and should be able to get you dialed in quick.

Sounds like a fun project. On a side note I dont know much about boost control options for your type of supercharger but if there is a electronic option MS3 can probably control it. Meaning boost control along with fuel and timing can change with ethanol percent.

96dreamer

Established Member
@03cobra#2 might be able to help you. He liked the guy that helped him.

No need to run dual AFR. Just run flex blend and use the global modifier. You'll be able to use VE3 to tweak the E85 side.

Run flex blend for the timing tables as well. It's really not that bad to set up.

I haven't played with a boost controller yet so I can't help there.
This is how I had it setup for a while using just the fuel multiplication. It ran good for the most part but I had startup issues on E when it started getting cooler out. From what I read the only way to adjust the start and idle screens on E individually is to do a table blend and have one setup for each fuel type. I have the boost control working just haven't really used it at all since I have been primarily on 93. When I was using the global multiplier on pump E I verified it was working by adding a few pounds but have never gotten back around to messing with it.
Look up Megasquirt Mustangs FAQ on Facebook groups. Ifs small but very helpful. Also you. An email [email protected]. Steven Van Order is really good and should be able to get you dialed in quick.

Sounds like a fun project. On a side note I dont know much about boost control options for your type of supercharger but if there is a electronic option MS3 can probably control it. Meaning boost control along with fuel and timing can change with ethanol percent.
I actually emailed him a few days ago, still waiting on his response. I saw his name/contact pop up in a few different places as well recommended. The boost control is just a standard 3 port solenoid valve hooked up to a wastegate that is on the charge pipe between the intercooler and supercharger head unit. I pullied it way more aggressive than I'll need most of the time. So running it this way will allow be to not only control boost but build it sooner than with a small pulley.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I originally had just the multiplier for everything, but I also has cold start issues on E85 and the AE wasn't enough. Under the Adavanced tab (I think) you can turn on the separate ASE and WUE for blending. That's what I did so I have ASE2, WUE2, and AE2 for the E85 side. I still have the global multiplier in the background so VE3 is pretty close to VE1. It needed some tweaking at WOT.

You can select VE3 when running VE Analyze in MegalogViewer and it'll adjust it just like VE1.

03cobra#2

Hobbyist Of Many Hobbies
Established Member
This is how I had it setup for a while using just the fuel multiplication. It ran good for the most part but I had startup issues on E when it started getting cooler out. From what I read the only way to adjust the start and idle screens on E individually is to do a table blend and have one setup for each fuel type. I have the boost control working just haven't really used it at all since I have been primarily on 93. When I was using the global multiplier on pump E I verified it was working by adding a few pounds but have never gotten back around to messing with it.

I actually emailed him a few days ago, still waiting on his response. I saw his name/contact pop up in a few different places as well recommended. The boost control is just a standard 3 port solenoid valve hooked up to a wastegate that is on the charge pipe between the intercooler and supercharger head unit. I pullied it way more aggressive than I'll need most of the time. So running it this way will allow be to not only control boost but build it sooner than with a small pulley.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Message him on Facebook. I know he is really busy currently.

96dreamer

Established Member
Message him on Facebook. I know he is really busy currently.
Eh I'm not in a huge hurry, when he gets to it he gets to it. Like I said I have the car running and driving good but it is far from dialed in performance wise.

What's really driving this losing to a buddies vortech srt8 Jeep over the weekend, can't have that. I am pretty sure with just a timing bump I would edge him out but it's time I finally add some boost and see what this blower will do anyway.

96dreamer

Established Member
Well I guess that's what I get for saying I wasn't in a hurry. Steve just emailed back and said he's unavailable the rest of the year lol

03cobra#2

Hobbyist Of Many Hobbies
Established Member
Well I guess that's what I get for saying I wasn't in a hurry. Steve just emailed back and said he's unavailable the rest of the year lol

That sucks. He is worth the wait though. I would say keep driving and tuning. Eventually you get comfortable with everything. Pouring over datalogs really helps. So for me personally I don't drive the car a whole lot so I'll datalog a 20-30 minute drive. Then later that night I'll dissect the logs while on the couch watching TV. While doing that I'll be hitting Facebook groups and forums looking for info on topics / parts of the tune I want to work on. Eventually you get really comfortable dissecting the logs, and all the different parts of the software. It's the fun part

96dreamer

Established Member
Well I may have to go somewhere else anyway lol. I was emailing back and forth and when he asked if it was a race car my dumbass said it was a street car wanting to get street tuned. The whole epa thing went completely over my head

Users who are viewing this thread