Rockford, Kicker system

boostedbusa02

Established Member
I am going to get rid of my small stereo system so here is what I got...

1). Rockford Punch 120a2 amp
2). Kicker Solobaric 8" Square sub w/ box
3). Monster Cable RCA jacks w/ remote wire
4). 8 Gauge Power and Ground wire w/ connectors on them

I am looking for offers or trades for a BTM plug in box to msd 6al, #42 C&L tube, #42 injectors, or turbo timer

Thanks
David

[email protected]

hmmmidunno

BANNED !!!!!!!!!!
infinity has the best sounding subs and audiobahn has the best amps they all look awesome. but fosgate amps over heat bad. MTX and audiobhan have some of the best amps

TorchRedCobra04

8 Pistons > 4 Pistons
Established Member
yea i have heard a lot about rockfords overheating...but if u want a true quality amp...get the kicker...but yea the price will get ya :/
MTX is definetly a great company not too sure about audiobahn but the subs my friends has from them are pretty decent

fubu795

Banned
Originally posted by hmmmidunno
infinity has the best sounding subs and audiobahn has the best amps they all look awesome. but fosgate amps over heat bad. MTX and audiobhan have some of the best amps

True that man. I had 2 infinity kappa perfect 10"s in my old 95 GT along with a Fosgate 1100D amp. Amp never overheated, actually ran great. System was insanely loud, people thought I had a couple of 15's. I had it DB tested at 137. It was running 4 ohms, I could have bridged it easily. Also this was no sound deadening material or nothing, just throw the system in the trunk and go, lol. I'm not getting a system in the cobra simply because ive grown out of that stuff but infinity is definitly the way to go for loud bass and great SQL.

hmmmidunno

BANNED !!!!!!!!!!
yeah audiobahn is german made stuff they just recently hit the american market but they are selling alot and i asked around the installers at the audio places here say audiobahn is nice stuff

1969Fastback

*OG Crew*
Established Member
well everybody is intitled to their opinion... but the greatest amps and speakers come from Diamond Audio, every thing is not mass produced like MTX(which is owned by rockford, for the ppl that dont know) and i feel audiobahn is flea market quality. Diamond Audio has great speakers that provide bad ass quality, but they are very expensive. As for rockford fosgates over heating, i have never heard of this, and i have a BD1000 power, (Bass Class amp), 800a4, and now i have a Kenwood Excelon 1000D to run my 15in. HX2 Punch in my ext. cab ranger, and i had two 15in. HX2's in my bronco.

sikwitit36

Banned
Rockford Fosgate amps do get really hot but they are supposed to. I got a Rockford BDU1000 pushing 2 CVR12s and it gets real hot! But good thing about Rockford is you wont ever blow the amp because all Rockfords have a kill switch so when it reaches like 100 degrees or something it shuts off to save your amp. Ive pounded my subs so hard sometimes that my amp has shut off. Just turn it off and let it cool down.
One way to take care of that is get a bigger gauge wire for your power/ground. I run 4 guage wire which is like as fat as a Cuban stogey! Nice very nice.

Users who are viewing this thread