Roots Charger for a 99+

RedCobraVert

Established Member
I am thinking of supercharging my 99 cobra. I would like to go with a Roots charger, but cannot find one for the Cobra engine. I see that Kenne Bell may offer one soon, but it is not readily available now.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks for the help.

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
Originally posted by RedCobraVert
I am thinking of supercharging my 99 cobra. I would like to go with a Roots charger, but cannot find one for the Cobra engine. I see that Kenne Bell may offer one soon, but it is not readily available now.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks for the help.

I thought an ad i saw said they were available already. you should give them a call. they really do have the best Pos. Dis. blower for DOHC cobras, look at Jim Vaccaro's car. 400+ at the rear wheels with little more than a KB blower and some exhaust and fuel improvements.

drop-top

Established Member
Jim, the owner of KB, has been saying that the blower for a 99 cobra would be ready any time now (usually he says 2-3 months) This has been going on since last October when I first contacted him......still no blower:cuss:

Last edited:

key

Established Member
Of course I want to go blown! I'll do some N/A stuff before then, but I would love to have a 'charger under my hood.

Thanks for that link, Big Daddy. It has me really interested in Whipples.

Big Daddy

Open Track Junkie!
Established Member
Originally posted by key
Of course I want to go blown! I'll do some N/A stuff before then, but I would love to have a 'charger under my hood.

Thanks for that link, Big Daddy. It has me really interested in Whipples.

When I did mine I couldn't find a Whipples for the '01 Cobra so I went with what seems to be the next best thing a Vortech. Well engineered, stable, good warranty, and just enough boost so you don't have to change the internals on our engines. AND, after I do trash this engine from racing I will go with better internals and turn the boost up on the Vortech. :-D

key

Established Member
I want something different, and that's the only reason I'm leaning away from Vortech.

Were you at the SVTOA meet in Indianapolis a couple weeks back?

Don's Bolt

Blown Stang
Established Member
how about this
Cobra3

Give Jim at JDM a call he just did this, I think a Novi would be awesome.

Go here to see it
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8482

Big Daddy

Open Track Junkie!
Established Member
Originally posted by key
I want something different, and that's the only reason I'm leaning away from Vortech.

Were you at the SVTOA meet in Indianapolis a couple weeks back?

Yes I was there testing the car out just after Kenny Brown finished the mods. Vortech loaded a bad program on their chip and I have had to replace it. Now I want to see if I find the other 20-25 RWHP I think I'm missing! :sad The car is still a screamer and is a blast to drive. I want to do more on track events at road courses. I think it's the most fun you can have outside of BED! :D

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
Originally posted by Big Daddy

Yes I was there testing the car out just after Kenny Brown finished the mods. Vortech loaded a bad program on their chip and I have had to replace it. Now I want to see if I find the other 20-25 RWHP I think I'm missing! :sad The car is still a screamer and is a blast to drive. I want to do more on track events at road courses.

Me and key (zach) were up there at that event.

Users who are viewing this thread