Roush Phase I tuning question

mitchster

Established Member
What unit should I buy for my 2013 Mustang GT with a Roush supercharger. I see the standard SCT tuners come with tunes for stock cars. I want something to read my car, do data logging and eventually a custom tune, backup my original roush tune. What do you guys use. thanks, Mitch

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
Buy a SCT Xcal from whom you want to do the tuning... Not sure if you can back up the Roush tune, but I don't see any reason why you'd want to... Once you get a taste of a real tune, you won't want to turn back. The Roush tune isn't bad, but it's conservative for the warranty.

BrianH87

Established Member
This is exactly what I did. I had my ECU flashed by Roush and then went with a VMP tune loaded on an SCT. When you load the custom tune, the SCT will store your Roush tune as the "stock" file. And you can go back and forth between tunes for whatever reason. I didn't think the Roush tune was as bad as others thought. But a custom tune is certainly a huge gain.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
This is exactly what I did. I had my ECU flashed by Roush and then went with a VMP tune loaded on an SCT. When you load the custom tune, the SCT will store your Roush tune as the "stock" file. And you can go back and forth between tunes for whatever reason. I didn't think the Roush tune was as bad as others thought. But a custom tune is certainly a huge gain.
This

Users who are viewing this thread