running dual bypass valves on whipple

LT1BIRD

Established Member
ok, i have my terminator motor mods coming and planing. I got a new 3.0 gen v blower.. working on my rear inlet setup. on my little 2.1 kenne bell i ran 1 bypass valve.. feeding it to a spacer plate attached to the blower.. it works great.. with the bigger blower i am looking at using an inline procharger bypass valve (qty 2).. I will have qty 2 1.5inch hoses coming out the back of the lower intake, one on each side, to the bypasses and to the spacer plate in back of blower.. using 2 for more flow.. the stock blower comes with a 1.8" bypass and im not sure the 1.5" single will work good enough. now for the question.. im wondering a few things.
1) these procharger bypass valves seem to leak bye air and do not seal tight.. how good do the whipple ones seal?
2) wondering if the 2 bypass valves will fight each other a little bit.. causing some odd running issues right as boost comes in.. im not really sure i ever drive in that zone much.. when i want boost i get it.. normal crusiing im never in boost... ill have to have a plan for when I put my cams in as i will not have alot of vaccuum.. i wonder if i can mod these things to work with low vaccumm. hmmmm.....
thanks!!

Attachments

• IMG_1609.JPG
    IMG_1609.JPG
    417 KB · Views: 39
  • F143859822.jpg
    F143859822.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 34

01yellercobra

Established Member
Are you not able to make the stock bypass work with your planned inlet set up? I'm close to 20psi on the Whipple bypass with no problems. I think they all come with the low vacuum diaphragms now as well.

I've never ran the Procharger BPV's, but I never heard good things about them. Most people I've seen couldn't wait to get rid of them. I'm not sure how you're going to set things up, but maybe a Tial or the Vortech mini-race will work better for you.

LT1BIRD

Established Member
I run the kenne bell bypass now.,. remote mounted.. not on the intake as there is no room for it. Same deal on the whipple. no room to mount it under my throttle body that will be mounted almost directly onto the back of the blower... lol, I hear ya on the prochrager one but i think that was rev1 and they fixed some stuff on it... im still looking for one.. ideally it would fit best if it were a feed through striaght style.. not 90 degree but ill check my room back there...it might work with a 90 too...

Users who are viewing this thread