running foglights at night

REPCobra10

Established Member
Hmmm...I never had any issues running the factory fogs amongst other drivers, OP! That's strange, at least to me! I was always using my fogs for the first couple-months whilst driving around, both low-light and high-light situations, as it were, without issue...:shrug: I now have the C/S lower-fascia, but that's non-relevant to your post...

Last edited:

Roadhouse

Established Member
Hmmm...I never had any issues running the factory fogs amongst other drivers, OP! That's strange, at least to me! I was always using my fogs for the first couple-months whilst driving around, both low-light and high-light situations, as it were, without issue...:shrug: I now have the C/S lower-fascia, but that's non-relevant to your post...

Same here. Used them almost all the time for a year without inciting road rage in other drivers. No fogs more me anymore though ;-)

cuslo1

Established Member
Same here. Used them almost all the time for a year without inciting road rage in other drivers. No fogs more me anymore though ;-)

I run at night with the fogs and headlights. I actually like the look of the fogs in the grill but I would love to tint the fogs though, thinking it would look pretty cool. Any ideas on how to do this or has anybody done it and have pics.

Ron Mexico

Deploying SVT Poster
Established Member
fogless going on a few hours now. it looks meaner and has more air flow. yes, shitty cell phone pic.

photo-18.gif

Roadhouse

Established Member
I run at night with the fogs and headlights. I actually like the look of the fogs in the grill but I would love to tint the fogs though, thinking it would look pretty cool. Any ideas on how to do this or has anybody done it and have pics.

Plenty of people have tinted their fogs. I know AM sells a fog light tint you can put on yourself or you could always take it to a local shop.

Mustang Smoked Fog Light Tint (05-13) at AmericanMuscle.com 26180 - Free Shipping!

You can google search some images of what tinted fogs look like. Here is the first one that came up.

89041d1307594026-fog-light-tint-p1030467.jpg

CobraHuck

Established Member
^That'd be alotta light with all 6 on!

Had my car 3 months, got flashed a couple times with the halogens, get flashed a few times a week now that I have 6000k HIDs. I've adjusted them down a little, but people just aren't used to the light output for HIDs or the big fogs we have. Personally, I don't think it's near as bad as cars with projectors and HIDs, cuz then it's more focused light so it hurts more.

Plus, it amazes me at how many people don't realize that fog lights don't stay on with high beams (unless we re-wire them haha)

konabluekiller

Established Member
Anyone have a write up on how to make the fog lights stay on when the brights are on? I'm going to do an HID retrofit with projectors but want more light for now while i wait. About to install some 40$ relay harnesses to boost the voltage(our stock wiring is tiny and the bulbs only see 12v instead of 14). Just trying to get them boosted up for the time being because the factory halogens suck.

FiveLeeter918

OK Performance Fords
Established Member
Just deleted my fogs with the Retro Billet Grille today. Totally digging it, I hated the fogs in the grille. It may be my NEW EDGE history, but I couldn't stand them from day one. I got a gift card to AM for my birthday/Christmas so I will be ordering the CS lip on Monday. Can't wait!

Dan12GT

Established Member
Never have been flashed ive got the roush bumper with lower fogs and a saleen grill but ive been thinking about putting the factory grill back in i kinda like the lights

Let me know if you do end up going back to factory, I'll buy your Saleen grille in a heartbeat!

As for being flashed, I only was flashed when I put HIDs in my fogs. They were stupid bright. One of my ballasts fried (think it got water in it) and I never replaced it. They were too bright. I have HIDs in my regular headlamps and I don't seem to get flashed much. If I do I flash back!!

13BlackGT

Established Member
Anyone have a write up on how to make the fog lights stay on when the brights are on? I'm going to do an HID retrofit with projectors but want more light for now while i wait. About to install some 40$ relay harnesses to boost the voltage(our stock wiring is tiny and the bulbs only see 12v instead of 14). Just trying to get them boosted up for the time being because the factory halogens suck.

Will they burn out quicker at 14v?

Users who are viewing this thread