S trim or T trim on stock 94 cobra

UrbanKnight

Hard Core Car Whore
Established Member
I have a line on a good deal for a T trim, but worry that it may be too much power.

Car is completely stock right now. 94 Cobra 5.0

Perfectly willing to change parts to accomodate a SC, but was trying to avoid changing Heads/Cam if possible.

So, is the T-trim overkil on a stock block? Should I stick to S trim?

Or other recommendation?

Thanks Guys,

UK

tommyhil4_6

Buh Bye
You can use a T tron your car with a large pulley.... Now with your block withstanding the power us gonna be up to the condition of the motor, how hard you drive it etc etc. May be a good idea to go straight to the T trim if you plan more power in the future, also heads/cams you would not need to worry about going on you, most likely be the pistions (recommend cp or diamond), rods (oliver billets are awesome but $$) crankshaft stock may be okay, may upgrade (not sure since your a older cobra if they are the same as the new ones) get some good arp bolts, and maybe instead of switching heads get them rebuilt with some good components... try VT performance for ideas on parts and pric - http://www.vtengines.com/home1.htm

UrbanKnight

Hard Core Car Whore
Established Member
Shoudl of added some info, the car was one lady owned, never even shifted hard, with 37k on her..

Now of course I will drive it more aggresively, but..

UK

tommyhil4_6

Buh Bye
You shouldn't have a problem but keep a big pulley on there for lower boost, maybe 10lbs max, I know my car with the Twin turbo dyno'd 463 rwhp and 555 rwtq at only 8lbs, but turbos are alot differnet. May be an option?

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
Get the T! Too much power will be your choice. Depends on how hard you spin it. I run a YS on mine for now and just spin a bit slower. Once I get my good motor in game on!

Users who are viewing this thread