Saleen S331 Worth It?

CobraPowered

Killin' Ricers EveryWhere
Established Member
Hey guys, I am in the market for a new truck. My buddy has an 04' F150 Super Crew and I really like it. I was searching on the web and came across the Saleen S331 Super Crew. The price tag is high, but I really like the truck in general. Does anyone know much about the truck itself? Is it worth the extra or should I get a regular F150 and add the parts from there? Can you get it in 4wd or is it strictly 2wd? Any advice would be great.

Saleen S331

I got a 07 Saleen S331 supercab with the supercharger. It didn't have the tow package, so I got the hitch, the bigger Fluidyne radiator and big amp alternator. The truck has the 15" front brakes with 6-piston calipers and it comes with Saleen's front and rear springs and shocks. The truck was to high geared with the 23"wheels and tires with the 3:73 gear ratio, so I installed 4:10. It is a perfect road gear for towing. I installed the JDM big air kit for the supercharger...that made a night and day differance in the performance. Saleen has a supercharger upgrade kit, but not as much boost as the JDM kit. The truck is only available as a 2wd. I was somewhat disappointed in the performance when I first got the truck, but after all the changes, it is a blast to drive for a 5500lb truck. It is a spendy truck, but to get the same results from a regular F150 would be spendy, too.

98rs

Established Member
I think it is if you get a good deal on one. I think thier pretty nice trucks.And you don't see them on the road to much.

Users who are viewing this thread