Saleen wheels on black 03/04?

smokincobra04

Established Member
thinking about Saleen wheels in 18 chrome instead of the 200S wheels. Anyways just wondering if anyone has pics of the saleen wheels on a black 03/04 cobra. Also do the real saleen wheels which im getting say SALEEN on them?

OnceBitten

Established Member
Yeah the real ones have S^LEEN on the wheel lip and would look pretty damn good on your car. I'm probably going to go with the replica Hyperblack wheels myself. I think it would look sweet on my Silver coupe.

The only thing I don't like is there's not a really good 18" drag radial. I'd rather just keep the chrome factory 17x9's and run 275/40 mickey's. Unfortunately M/T doesn't have a timeframe for the release of their 18" drag radials.

Last edited:

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
yea can anyone just post pics of their saleen rims. i wanna get some 17's and i'm debating either saleens or the 04 chrome ones with 10.5 out back.

OnceBitten

Established Member
Even if you could find them, I doubt 17" Saleen replicas would look much like the real thing. The 16" Cobra R replicas were horrible and I think the smaller Saleens would look just as bad.

If you're not 100% sure about the 10.5 rears, I'm going to be selling my 04 Chrome Cobra wheels (OEM with 3400 miles tires and all). PM me if you are interested.

smokincobra04

Established Member
oh im def Going with Real SALEEN wheels 18's 1600 bucks for four rims. Then i need to get some money together for tires too. i wouldnt buy fake stuff

OnceBitten

Established Member
smokincobra04 said:
oh im def Going with Real SALEEN wheels 18's 1600 bucks for four rims. Then i need to get some money together for tires too. i wouldnt buy fake stuff

I was talking to Wings65288 about the replicas. I knew you planned on going with the real ones.

330racing

SVT Poster Boy
Established Member
smokincobra:

I got the "fake stuff" Saleen wheels and they are pretty nice. I wouldnt turn your nose up. I didnt buy replicas because I couldnt afford real ones.... it just didnt make sense to me. They are one piece wheels and either they are round or out of round. Mine are fine and cost $1k less. If I bought center caps that say Saleen, I would be willing to bet no one on the street would know the dfference, however I am not out to impress anyone but myself so the center caps they came with remain.

Driven

LS what???
Established Member
Imo, save the money that you would spend buying saleen rims and get some nice FR500's in black with polished lip or you could check out Tirerack (www.tirerack.com), they have that thing that lets you look at all the different wheels they sell on your car.

330racing

SVT Poster Boy
Established Member
Rolling down the street, many people will be able to read an engraving. But you are right, having Saleen engraved in them makes them a better wheel by far....To each his own I guess. I got my black 18" replicas(2-18x10 and 2-18x9), with BFG Comp T/A Gforces (new tread pattern) for less than what you will pay for just the wheels. Man I wish I would have bought the "real" Saleens.

You live close enough, why dont you take a look at the quality before you waste (IMO) your money. The finish is nicer on these than I have seen on ANY wheel, and I have owned alot of cars.

Last edited:

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
very good point, not many, and to me personally i wouldn't pay 1k more for just the name engraved, after all thats what saleen is, your payin mainly for the name... don't get me wrong they are very nice cars, just a shame they are overpriced IMO. but i see your point on buying authentic ones, because i know if money wasn't the issue i would sure as hell get the authentic ones.
MinorThreat22 said:
How many people actually know that? My guess would be very few.

330racing

SVT Poster Boy
Established Member
If money wasnt an issue, he would be buying some lightweight 3-pc rims instead of heavy wheels....which brings us full circle to my point....money IS an issue.

I dont know what I am arguing for...not my money. Buy the Saleens and feed Steve's kids (does he have any?)!!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread