Satellite Radio

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
My 2012 5.0 did not come with satellite radio. Where can i get the receiver from and how is the installation process?

You're probably better off having this done aftermarket at this point. From a cost perspective it's probably cheaper to purchase a receiver and have an car audio shop integrate it in to the factory radio.

kevinp

Established Member
Dealer claimed the can add SAT radio to the base stereo, around 400.00 was what I was quoted.

I ended up just buying one of those XM snap radios for 80.00, I leave it in the console compartment and it goes through the AUX input. Took about 10 minutes to run the wire for the antenna, I just double sided taped it to the bottom of the rear window. Works great, have to open the little door to change channels but its not a big deal.

Mustang4vSVT

4x4ing this mofo up!
Established Member
id also like to do this. $400 is nuts however. What kit did you go with? Audio stuff is another world to me. A friend of mine who is more into it told me how much i got screwed when i added a sub and amp to my car. Worst part was when i googled the parts I got and saw the prices theyre going for. Lesson learned lol.

Users who are viewing this thread