"SCS" MUstang??

SS4Luck

Just dont ask...
Established Member
My neighbor jsut bought a new stang and it says SCS on the rear emblem... like where it says GT or just has the normal pony on v6's... he knows absolutly nothing about cars so asking him about it is pointless so i came to ask you guys... it has front fog lights, but not large ones like gt's and it only has one exhaust so im thining its a V6 nd it doesnt sound liek a V8.... so what makes this special enough to get re badged.... thanks

freebass55

Established Member
This is all I could find. It looks like a dealer put some extra little goodies on a v6 and changed the badging. Nothing special about this.

Date Posted
02/27/2006 '06 SCS V6 Mustang by glewis29
Style: V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M) Rating
Review: I just bought a new Southern California Special (V6, Pony Package, Interior Upgrade, LeMans stripping, Chrome Exhaust tip & side tape delete). The exterior design is what I fell in love with and the Pony Package and LeMans stripping finish it off perfectly. I drove both a V6 & V8 automatic ... the V8 was absolutely fabulous, but I just couldn't justify the $4k extra. The V6 is completely satisfying. So far the interior is growing on me. I'm very happy I got the charcoal interior and leather seats; it greatly increases the 'class' of the vehicle. The build quality is overall pretty good, I'm happily surprised. Reliability will have to wait.
Favorite Features: Exterior appearance, Pony Package, leather seating. MP3 CD player is a very nice bonus.
Suggested Improvements: Chrome instead of satin plastic for the interior upgrade package.

Was this review helpful? Yes No
Let us know if this review is offensive. Back to top^

Ratings Detail
Performance 9.0
Comfort 9.0
Fuel Economy 7.0
Fun-to-Drive 10.0
Interior Design 8.0
Exterior Design 10.0
Build Quality 9.0
Reliability 9.0
Rating

SS4Luck

Just dont ask...
Established Member
alrite that pretty much fits the description of his car... he was talkin some trash on my corvette, its an 82 and is slower than shit going uphill, i just didnt know if he was going to stomp me if we raced or if i had a fighting chance

oldflatfoot

SS4Luck said:
My neighbor jsut bought a new stang and it says SCS on the rear emblem... like where it says GT or just has the normal pony on v6's... he knows absolutly nothing about cars so asking him about it is pointless so i came to ask you guys... it has front fog lights, but not large ones like gt's and it only has one exhaust so im thining its a V6 nd it doesnt sound liek a V8.... so what makes this special enough to get re badged....
thanks

You are somewhat correct, It is a v-6 Mustang with the pony package, with all the GT suspension. The SCS stands for Southern California Special, the dealers from LA to San Diego had 500 of these units produced. If you do a google search with the Stampede Edition 06 Mustang, you will find Texas and Oklahoma delaers offered the exact vehicle with 500 also produced, just a little more than a v-6 with the Pony Pkg, drives and handles like a GT with the same suspension, just not as much grunt. Has front and rear stab bars, GT shocks and steering, 17 inch gt wheels/tires. Hope this answers your questions.

Users who are viewing this thread