Sct hand held issues

ctgreddy

Established Member
I just bought a sct handheld off of a member here that he said was unlocked, and am having some issues with it. I got a custom tune written by Willie Lynch, and went to put it on the car and it said incorrect vehicle. Also when going thru the options for tuning there's a "return vehicle to stock" option but nothing about getting the stock tune off the PCM onto the unit. I tried going Into the device info where it's saposed to tell you if it's locked or unlocked but I can't find it anywhere. All roads are leading to its still locked and I'm waiting for the seller to get back with me but just want to make sure I'm not doing anything wrong. Any help? All I've ever used are the chips this is my first handheld experiance.

95SC

Banned
is it x-cal 2 or 3 ? sounds like it's locked. I know you can check it on x-cal 3 but I don't know about x-cal 2

ctgreddy

Established Member
the seller said it's an xcal3, not sure how to really tell tho. I'm getting the feeling i should have just bought your tuner 95sc. :/

ctgreddy

Established Member
after searching on google it deff appears to be the xcal3.

Franchi

Established Member
You can check locked status by powering it on ( either with USB cable or OBII port ) , go to Device Info and scroll to bottom. It should say Unlocks Left 4 or 5, ( that doesn't indicate if it's currently locked or not ) and directly under Unlocks Left 4 or 5, it will say one of two possible things.

Device Married or Device Unmarried ( married/locked mean same thing ) or it will say Strategy Tune, and if it is blank under that, it's unlocked. If there is a file name under Strategy Tune, it's locked.

Post up a pic of the Device Info at bottom of the menu you and I can tell you exactly if it's locked or not.

Trust that helps!

95SC

Banned
Just like stated above hook it up to any vehicle with OBD 2 port. Yes any vehicle it doesn't have to be Ford

when device powers up hit left arrow then press select it will go to Device Info hit bottom arrow then keep scrolling down until you see [picture attached]

BTW I just got another like new X-cal 3 for sale today so anyone interested PM me [picture above is of the one I will be trowing on the market today]

Last edited:

mustangtw

Established Member
I'm in the same situation as you and the seller wont return my calls or refund my money either. SCT wants to charge me $150 to unlock. :fm:

ctgreddy

Established Member
yup mine does not say that 95, it has a number pattern under strategy and a tune file name under that, so if what franchi said is correct it is deffinitely locked. this blows big time. now i'm gonna have to spend nother 150 to unlock it and i'll have more money into this used one then i would have if i bought a new one. i guess everyone gets ****ed once or twice tho.

Franchi

Established Member
/\/\

Based on that description, it's locked.

Make sure to leave appropriate iTrader for the people too cause if they screwed you, document it so others can avoid em.

Franchi

Established Member
BUT, if you paid with Paypal, long as you paid within last 60 days, you can open a dispute with Paypal. Sometimes that gets the sellers attention in a hurry and they respond and even if they dont, you have a very good chance of winning the case and getting a refund because the item wasn't as described.

It's worth checking into.

ctgreddy

Established Member
Well he's gotten back to me but didn't help much. He bought it off another member who said it was unlocked and he didn't use it. So, I'm out a bit of money.

95SC

Banned
You bought it as a unit unlocked, it's not your problem what happened before .Return the unit back to seller and get your money back.

ctgreddy

Established Member
I will give him until the end of the weekend to see if anything will happen about getting it unlocked. if not i'll ask to return it, and if he doesn't agree to that i'll go to the paypal dispute.

Users who are viewing this thread