ScT Question

Chicostang

Dont Tread On Me
Established Member
Im looking at buying an X3 from a member on here and i have a question. He said he believes it still has two tunes left. Im just curious but what does that mean only two left? Is there a maximum tunes that can be uploaded? Just curious because he wants $200 and thats a great deal to me. Any help is appreciated

Zacharyx

Established Member
2 tunes left meaning vehicle can be returned to stock 2 more times??

01yellercobra

Established Member
It should mean he has two tunes on the tuner already. They can store up to 3 tunes at once. Not including the stock tunes. There is no limit to how many times you can flash the car back to stock. Make sure he's unlocked the tuner from the car otherwise you'll have to send it back to SCT to be unlocked.

03cobraaa

Established Member
No, meaning 3 different hp tunes. For example, my old powerstroke i had an X3 for it and i had 3 custom tunes, 40hp, 90hp, and 120hp. You can always turn it to stock when u want.

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
You will still have to buy a tune from a tuner so add tuning fee for whichever tuner you are going to use for your tuning needs to the price of the hand held unit..

MickeyD

Established Member
He could also be stating that he has used it on other vehicles before and it only has 2 unlocks left. Meaning that you could only switch it from one vehicle to another once before it stays married to the last vehicle.

If it has their custom tunes on it you can over write them with ones for your Mustang from a shop of your own. Just make sure the tuner isn't married to their vehicle when they send it to you, they have to set their car back to its stock tune.

Users who are viewing this thread