Sct x4 + jlt cai

GriffithUSAF

Established Member
If anyone has this combo, I'm looking for your review of the two items. Also I have a question. I already have a Gibson CatBack with an X Pipe installed, will I be able to run one of the preloaded tunes, or will I need/benefit from a custom tune added?

mike.s

Established Member
i have this setup on my car. i like it but have nothing to compare with as it was already on the car when i bought it. i am getting rid of the sctx4 and going with a dyno tune, hopefully next week

VNMOUS1

Established Member
i have this setup on my car. i like it but have nothing to compare with as it was already on the car when i bought it. i am getting rid of the sctx4 and going with a dyno tune, hopefully next week

You'll still need the device or some sort of device. Be careful with your tuning choices. There are only a few folks in the country that do them well. Fortunately for you, you live in an area where they're available "semi" locally.

If anyone has this combo, I'm looking for your review of the two items. Also I have a question. I already have a Gibson CatBack with an X Pipe installed, will I be able to run one of the preloaded tunes, or will I need/benefit from a custom tune added?

May I assume the x-pipe is off-road? A stock (pre-loaded) SCT X4 7015 does have a provision for turning the rear O2s off. As for killing the cat protection, I'm not sure what they've done on recent updates. I'd call them. If it isn't off, you'll be rich at wot as the cat protection tries to cool a problem that isn't there by dumping raw fuel in to the exhaust.

On the JLT front, the X4 should provide for it.

Let me know if we can assist in any way.

bj

whatsup62

Established Member
Had the same set-up originally except I had a MBRP h-pipe and catback. The X4 worked fine and the canned tune was an big improvement over stock. It does ask specifically about the JLT. Im guessing you still have cats from your post so that's not an issue. Once i put headers on and ditched the cats I went with a Bama tune. That was another improvement over the canned tune in SCT. After a few revisions through Bama I ditched the X4, bought a Ngauge and went to a lund 93 tune...WOW. Then i went with the Lund Flex Fuel tune...Bigger WOW! Thats where I am currently at. Procharger install under way.

Users who are viewing this thread