Seats for autocross/DD under $400?

smitty2919

Established Member
Well...after finally getting into Autocross I quickly learned that my stock 95 Camaro seats are horrible...like many stock seats. I'm starting my search for a seat so I can actually focus on driving the car and not trying to steer and hold myself in the car lol.

The car is a DD that will see 2hr one way trips occasionally. I live 1 mile from work, and all other driving is around town etc. I never take anyone in my back seat other than letting my dog back there which I can get him in through the passenger side or via the back hatch.

I'm not die hard autocross but try to make as many events as I can. What make/model seats are you guys running UNDER $400. They can include fixed back OR reclining seats. Whatever I get will most likely NOT have a slider either.

I have been eyeballing numerous seats from Corbeau and Sparco. I have only sat in ONE fixed back race seat so the ability to sit in a seat that I am looking into seems to be impossible lol.

Corbeau:
Reclining
A4 $330
CR1 $400
TRS $400
LG1 $400

Fixed back:
Clubman $240
Forza $240
Baja XP $300
Forza Sport $320
FX1 Pro $320

Sparco:
R100 $330
F200 $370
Sprint $385

Looking at them online I have no reference of a "good" or "bad" seat. No idea how "comfy" or durable they will be either. Anyone running any of these seats?

Bmeagher

Seriously Northern
Established Member
I got the FX1 Pro's, they creak when hitting bumps. They're ok for dd on short drives. I did go on a 4000 km road trip last summer. They are comfortable, but it's the angle of the seat where you can't rest your head. But the angle is perfect when you have a helmet on, ie when auto crossing or drag racing.
I think the cr1 would be ideal .

54hx.jpg

gfmf.jpg

rxh7.jpg

Last edited:

smitty2919

Established Member
I ended up with the Forza's. Have had them for a a couple months now and took a little bit to get used to a fixed back seat but I'm OK with them.

They don't creak over bumps either lol. I went with the dual locking sliders as well. With a little tweaking of the mounting using washers I got the angle a little better.

Users who are viewing this thread