Seen any '05 Mustangs around?

bluoval96

Blue Oval fan for life!
Established Member
xxx[SIZE=4}xxx[/SIZE]xxx

I live in a Chicago suburb. Even with 2 large Ford dealerships in the area, I haven't seen many new Mustangs around. The dealers say they can't keep them in stock, and only hold onto V6's for two weeks, tops.Yet they are nowhere to be seen. :??: It's like they get sold to buyers from out of town before locals can "pony" up. Has anyone in other parts of the country noticed this? It worries me, since I'm about to order a GT in Sonic Blue. If it's a local problem, I may have to go elsewhere to buy the car, too. :cuss:

CY98Cobra

Established Member
Same way here. You can't find a GT at dealerships yet I've only seen 2. A dealership told me the first convertible GT they got was sold within the first 2 hours of sitting on the lot.

I did get to see the Roush right after they got it off the truck though (sitting in the service bay, waiting to go out on the lot). Guy let me sit in it and everything. Car looked very sweet in person, even with the paper still on the bumpers.

Croco X

SVT Fanboy
Established Member
There's a dealer about five minutes away from my house and it seems that all they have are V6's...I would like to at least see if there are any GT's in stock before looking elsewhere. I'm hoping to at least get in a test drive soon so I know what to expect from it...but if there are any dealer's in the Detroit area with GT's on their lot, I'd like to know!

Undertow

Established Member
I hardly ever see them here in Ohio. I question the "hot selling" aspect of them. Yes they are sold quickly, but how many are sold? One a month? Spring time is here and I would think people would be driving them around much more. I know that if I had one sitting in a garage all winter I would be going stir crazing waiting to take it out. The v6's aren't selling the best around here either. A red one has been sitting here at the local dealership for months. It's probably because they are asking 25k for it, what a joke.

Madhouse

warrior
Established Member
Besides the one I see every day (mine), I haven't seen much even here in Houston.

I see a few a week, mostly V6's though.

Even at FFW Houston this past weekend - I saw 2 GTs racing, mine was at a vendor booth, and I saw 2 or 3 V6's in the spectator parking area.

Last edited:

Blackie

I see a few V6s here in L.A.'s south bay, but hardley any GTs. Honostly, I would have thought there would be more of them around, but they aren't as common as you think...at least not yet.
However, there is one black GT here in town with blacked out tail lights that looks really nice. I usually see him/her on Western Ave. here in 'Pedro.
Beautiful car who ever you are! :beer:

Beeyes

I just got super lucky. Did a local dealer search yesterday and found a gt in stock 7 miles from my house. Went to see it and it had no spoiler and it was marked up 2000. I drove away.....saleman called today saying the black one sold but they got a silver one in last night!! Went to see it and it was marked up 3000, since they sold 2 others this week in 1/2 a day at 2000 over sticker. I offered 1200 over ( cost of a 2006) and struck a deal. I never thought I would ever pat over sticker for a car, but when you see the exact car you have been dreaming about for 6 months, its hard to resist. I am picking it up tonight. Silver with dark charcoal leather, wheel upgrade
and interior upgrade.
AS a note: the first 2 they sold this week were pre ordered and financing fell through. This was a normal allotment, the first 5 speed GT they got in that was not sold!! It was meant to be..my heart is beating so fast, 4 more hours!

philthy

Rotten
Established Member
Land of the hartless the home of the paid
Beeyes said:
I just got super lucky. Did a local dealer search yesterday and found a gt in stock 7 miles from my house. Went to see it and it had no spoiler and it was marked up 2000. I drove away.....saleman called today saying the black one sold but they got a silver one in last night!! Went to see it and it was marked up 3000, since they sold 2 others this week in 1/2 a day at 2000 over sticker. I offered 1200 over ( cost of a 2006) and struck a deal. I never thought I would ever pat over sticker for a car, but when you see the exact car you have been dreaming about for 6 months, its hard to resist. I am picking it up tonight. Silver with dark charcoal leather, wheel upgrade
and interior upgrade.
AS a note: the first 2 they sold this week were pre ordered and financing fell through. This was a normal allotment, the first 5 speed GT they got in that was not sold!! It was meant to be..my heart is beating so fast, 4 more hours!

Damn man I know how you feel! Congrat's, now let the mods begin :beer:

whosurdaddy

Established Member
I've seen mostly v6's prolly around 7, and only 2 gt's in town that I have seen. Every v6 model that I have seen there has be a girl driving them and 1 of the 2 Gt's belongs to a girl. I'm not dissing girls driving mustangs but around here girls are the only one's driving mustangs!? :shrug:

bluoval96

Blue Oval fan for life!
Established Member
Holy Frejoles! Yellow Saleen CONVERTIBLE!

HEY EVERYBODY!!!

I saw a yellow Saleen Conv., a 2005 no less! I didn't know they were making them yet! It was a regular S281, not S/C, but still, what a sight. The plate read- DRUL4ME (!!!) It was parked at a local restaurant, top up, in a Valet space. Oh, to be that lucky guy! :rockon: :thumbsup: Why can't I find a Sonic Blue GT?? :whine:

Someone pinch me. :poke:

Yellow98SVT

T-trim, bitches
Established Member
I got lucky today and happened to pass a 2005 Roush. It was white with a big blue stripe. It was one of the meanest looking Mustangs I have ever seen. Guy was in his mid 40's I bet. He had no desire to race, or did I for that matter...but, I passed him, gave him the thumbs up and went on my way. That car's front looked so angry/mean on my rearview it was amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread