(Self-Tuning)Whats the best tuning software

01yellercobra

Established Member
IMO it's whatever you're comfortable working with. I've been using SCT for a few years now and really like it. But I've never used Sniper, Diablosport, or Quarterhorse. Those are just examples. I don't really think one is the best is out of them all. What kind of support do you have in your area? I was lucky in that I had a tuner that was willing to help me learn.

GhostRiderblk

GhostRider
Established Member
i was maybe wondering if one was easyer to use than other user friendly so to speak. like sct pro gives tells you meanings of things

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
from the sounds of it, Quarterhorse is the best apparatus for self tuning and datalogging, though it sounds like it needs other programs to do the editiing, so not sure what the cost of those are or how effective they are.

Really wish the domestic aftermarket was more like imports in that it was geared more towards DIY and self tuning, not "Take it to a dyno theyre professionals" bullcrap. Domestic tuning is far behind the 8ball when it comes to end user tuning solutions.

Zacharyx

Established Member
if you already have an Xcal the obvious choice is SCT, it is widely used and most tuners will at least give a pointer here and there.

If you do not have a handheld or you have more than one care to tune Sniper if a good choice, instead of having to buy an xcal/chip per vehicle as well as the ECM strategy you buy the ECM code template and can load multiple vehicles on the interface device and if you run out of room you just back them up to the PC.

I started tuning my car with a friends Sniper setup but will be getting SCT soon since I already have an Xcal and have the car setup to datalog through it

GhostRiderblk

GhostRider
Established Member
if you already have an Xcal the obvious choice is SCT, it is widely used and most tuners will at least give a pointer here and there.

If you do not have a handheld or you have more than one care to tune Sniper if a good choice, instead of having to buy an xcal/chip per vehicle as well as the ECM strategy you buy the ECM code template and can load multiple vehicles on the interface device and if you run out of room you just back them up to the PC.

I started tuning my car with a friends Sniper setup but will be getting SCT soon since I already have an Xcal and have the car setup to datalog through it

i actually have datascout and delta force tuner already but would not mind changing over to a better one. but if delta force tuner is god ill stick with it.

Zacharyx

Established Member
i actually have datascout and delta force tuner already but would not mind changing over to a better one. but if delta force tuner is god ill stick with it.

A friend had tuned 3-4 car in the 500+hp range and loves it, I think it truly comes down to what you are comfortable with. If you have the delta force your only what $350 away to have the commando software so you can open all the parameters

Users who are viewing this thread