Service engine soon light

Laxpaint5

Established Member
Hey guys has anyone installed an x pipe (bassani with cats is what I have) and have the service engine engine soon light come on. I drove around for like 500 miles or so before it came on. I disconnected the battery and drove for like another 500 miles or so before it came back on.

Could someone help a stressed kid out i thought if I had cats i would not throw lights.

Mark :fm:

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
Bassani cats have been known for this, I would buy a set of MILs and be done with it; however, on the slight chance that it isn't your X pipe, go to autozone and get it scanned for free and see what code you're actually pulling.

Last edited:

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
I highly discourage those kinds of mils... dallas mustang, nino sport, and several other parts retailers sell the plug and play type. You simply unplug the connector and plug the MILs in. The type you have listed you have to solder into your cut out wiring.

Laxpaint5

Established Member
03yllwguy said:
I highly discourage those kinds of mils... dallas mustang, nino sport, and several other parts retailers sell the plug and play type. You simply unplug the connector and plug the MILs in. The type you have listed you have to solder into your cut out wiring.

thanks for all your help.

Users who are viewing this thread