Shelby American just posted this photo

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Im sure this is gonna be a fun ride, and prob a great lil AutoX car, but for 15 grand extra I thought there would be more to the package..... upgrades to brakes, suspension, YES....lots of over the top exterior crap/graphics.... but short throw, cool wheels, and heat extractor hood is a winner......and I like the ST3 interior better, the Shelby seats look flat and cheesy compared to the Recaros(why would they not offer them as standard for the Shelby)......I was expecting more raw performance(turbo upgrade/tune, maybe at least a CAI), which is what SA is known for, to go along with great handling.....

I know they will sell their 500 no matter what they do to them, just for the Shelby signature, but seems the legacy is tainted a lil by not taking it to the next level and offering a higher HP model like every other Shelby....I mean this is gonna be a $40K car, therev are alot of options out there for that much money...so its really all about the name...(and you can get a low miles 07-08 Shelby for less) or I could buy a low miles 1 year old GT 5.0 and still have $15k left to play with for that money.....but I know the practicality aspect of babies/car seats, and mileage(even though the GT gets great mpg if driven like a grandma) are factors, and if your in the throttle this lil guy is gonna drink some fuel too......

I just expected more......

To big car enthusiasts, Shelby America has become overrated. The SS has some cool aspects, but overall it's still not worth the money imo.

cobrakidz

High mileage R
Established Member
I don't see the newer Shelby's holding their value like the originals (60's) due to the fact that way too many are built. If I were to buy a newer one I would buy it to enjoy, not as an investment.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I don't see the newer Shelby's holding their value like the originals (60's) due to the fact that way too many are built. If I were to buy a newer one I would buy it to enjoy, not as an investment.

In that case, just do it yourself and save yourself some money. There's no special development that goes into these cars. Apart from the body panels which, you can order separately, all of it can basically be done on your own without the premium of the name.

Users who are viewing this thread