"Shelby Cobra GT500" How Much Is it worth to you?

crazyhorse06

Established Member
Not a dime over MSRP. With that said, I would pay up to low 40s. I'd rather pay 42 or 43k and have a few of the goodies stay (like leather dash, etc.). My dealer has promised no markup. IF that turns out not to be the case, I'll go C6, M3 or even Z06. I know I can get a Z06 for Sticker.

FormulaFord

Established Member
If everyone would stop putting money down on a car that is not yet available, the dealers will remove their rediculous mark ups. After all its a "mustang" not in enzo ferrari. Yes it will be the fastest and greatest mustang ever. But so was the 03 Cobra's. I waited and purchased my 04 for $25,500 after the rebates. As cool looking as it is and fast as it will be, its a production car. I too can't wait for the car, but would never go to a dealer now and put money down when the car and pricing is not available. You are just telling the dealer " I'll just about pay anything you write up". Will I be the first to own one, no. But I know I will not pay over MSRP for it.

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
Who really cares what MSRP is? :shrug: What does that have to do with anything?

crazyhorse06

Established Member
PowerWheels said:
Who really cares what MSRP is? :shrug: What does that have to do with anything?
???

I'd say it has a lot to do with about everything. That is the starting point at which we will be paying. Some will pay more (idiots) and some less. Do I care whether it is 38 or 39k? no, not really. I do want to see it near 40.

03CobraBro

Established Member
Low 40's.

Only thing I'm interested in is the looks and performance of the car, and thats all I would plan on paying for if I were in the market for one. The Shelby name is nice but I could give a shit less what they named it, that's not an excuse for a dealer to jack the price up.

Last edited:

Agent-GHQ

Established Member
I agree, this would be the way to go.

FormulaFord said:
If everyone would stop putting money down on a car that is not yet available, the dealers will remove their rediculous mark ups. After all its a "mustang" not in enzo ferrari. Yes it will be the fastest and greatest mustang ever. But so was the 03 Cobra's. I waited and purchased my 04 for $25,500 after the rebates. As cool looking as it is and fast as it will be, its a production car. I too can't wait for the car, but would never go to a dealer now and put money down when the car and pricing is not available. You are just telling the dealer " I'll just about pay anything you write up". Will I be the first to own one, no. But I know I will not pay over MSRP for it.

JETSOLVER

Where is Coletti?
Established Member
I seem to recall reading something around the showcar debut, suggesting existing SVT owners were going to be a priority for these things. Anyone else remember that?

Users who are viewing this thread