Shelby ordering options

Ken

FordRacing200 said:
that boss 429 hood is just a 99-04 hood with a 69 boss 429 scoop on it, its photochopped, what a crock of bs

i post the pic cuz someone wanted to know what is look like <the scoop itself> And for your info thats a 69 hood. Read the threads b4 u call someone post :bs:

blksn8k

Established Member
PetuniaGT40 said:
i post the pic cuz someone wanted to know what is look like <the scoop itself> And for your info thats a 69 hood. Read the threads b4 u call someone post :bs:

Sorry, but that's not a '69 hood. I owned a Boss 429 in the seventies. I think he is correct that the hood that scoop is on in the pic is a 99-04 base hood.

My vote would be for a '67 Shelby style scoop that is a lower profile than the Boss 429 style and is split in the middle. Even a '68 Shelby style with the entire center of the hood raised with cutouts in the front would be better than some of the crap we've seen on the mules. :-D

Ken

blksn8k said:
Sorry, but that's not a '69 hood. I owned a Boss 429 in the seventies. I think he is correct that the hood that scoop is on in the pic is a 99-04 base hood.

I'm sorry, you are right about it being a newer hood. I posted the wrong pic i have another pic w/ the 69 hood w/chrome trip lip. My mistake. :rollseyes
I posted the the pic to give the peps the ideal of what the scoop itself looks like. the actually hood svt is kicking around is lower profile w/ 2 openings on the mouth and more sloping profile on the opening as well. The hood is in the issue of C&D that as the big article on the GT500. Take a gander at it, it is in the unfinished form. But like i said the info i got is from a svt phone rep.
You may get differant info depending on the person on the otherside of the line on any given day. :shrug: We can only hope for a hood selection in the ordering process. If not, you gotta love the aftermarket hoods. :banana:

Intruder

Established Member
Wouldn't it make the most sense from a flow perspective to use a 68' Shelby design based on where the air intake is on the 5.4 instead of something sitting in the middle of the hood, a position that was ideal for carbs but not for this application?

What I'd like to know is the value of ram air for a motor that is already blown. Anyone? Anyone?

Intruder

Established Member
Yep, I know what the 07'GT500 hood is suppose to do. A hood styled similar to a 68' Shelby couldn't extract heat unless, possibly, there were flow through holes at the back. As others were discussing hoods with raised scoops from past mustangs, I think the one that makes the most functional sense would be similar o the 68's hood, but is a ram air hood needed on a blown car???????? 4 Cam ?

Users who are viewing this thread