shifter stops???

2JZFAN

Established Member
I doubt the dealer would blame transmission failure on a short shifters shift stops… but as for setting them imagine or use a piece of paper and try to get about 2 pieces between the shifter and the stop in 3rd gear for the top and 2nd for the bottom. Also run through all the gears and make sure you have clearance to get into each gear, and don’t forget reverse. You’ll love it short shifters really make a difference in an ’03 even in my ’99.

IXSLR8

Established Member
tranny noise

a noticable gear whine is present especially in first gear till about 2000 rpm, i don't notice it as bad in other gears, also some tranny fluid was in the valley where the shifter sits. is this normal?

2JZFAN

Established Member
The whine is based on the shifter I hear more complaints on the steeda shifter then others, but then again each and every shifter manufactured nay differ. As for the fluid I would say no it's not normal and ask if your sure it was tranny fluid.

DD2000GT

VNMS 13
Established Member
Re: tranny noise

Originally posted by IXSLR8
also some tranny fluid was in the valley where the shifter sits. is this normal?

It is absolutely normal. Do not be alarmed by this. I have changed the shifter in two different Mustangs and both had this.

StreetSnake

Established Member
I installed a Blue thunder in my 03 and the instructions were very specific, no gray areas whatsover, IXSLR8 didnt yours come with any instruction:beer:

IXSLR8

Established Member
hey dd2000 gt

you do much racing up there? i've got a friend that owns a couple of supras, vette, and hayabusa that races a lot. he live in flower mound

Users who are viewing this thread