Shinoda / Hurst Shifter

03 COBRA SB

Rocky Mtn. SVT Cobra
Established Member
Originally posted by TxSnake
The Hurst I put on my ... ahem,(cough) 98 SS was a quality piece. Fairly quiet too. :beer:

Hey Snake,

We hear about the quality of the pro 5.0, but lots of complaints about the noise. Have you ever compared it with the Hurst?:burnout:

TxSnake

Established Member
Hey Chris, not sure about the pro 5.0 but the triax in my car now is a lot noisier than the hurst I had in my ss. No complaints here though, I love it. I doubt you can go wrong with either, but if the noise bothers you stay away from the steeda . ( or maybe someone on here can offer info on how to quiet it down.) Sorry I was so long responding to your question:beer:

beabout

Established Member
Anyone know if Hurst sells this product direct?

Had Hurst products in previous cars. Was very pleased with quality and value.

Thanks

itpphoto

Established Member
The Hurst billet shifter for the 03 is due to be released in about 2 months with their part number 391-5036, that info coming directly from Hurst. It's similar to the 5 speed billet shifter. As far as I know the Shinoda uses a short throw handle but unknown as to which one. Shinoda is moving right now and hard to reach on the phone. I'll post more info as I get it. Still I think this looks cool.

03 COBRA SB

Rocky Mtn. SVT Cobra
Established Member
Originally posted by itpphoto
The Hurst billet shifter for the 03 is due to be released in about 2 months with their part number 391-5036, that info coming directly from Hurst. It's similar to the 5 speed billet shifter. As far as I know the Shinoda uses a short throw handle but unknown as to which one. Shinoda is moving right now and hard to reach on the phone. I'll post more info as I get it. Still I think this looks cool.

Do you think the Hurst will not be a short throw?:burnout:

Users who are viewing this thread